Anya Richter Hodes focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs), securities and general corporate matters. Ms. Richter Hodes advises public and private companies, financial institutions and private equity firms on a variety of corporate matters, including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, tender and exchange offers, SPAC transactions, joint ventures, investments, carveouts and restructurings. She also counsels clients on shareholder activism, takeover preparedness and corporate governance matters.
Examples of Ms. Richter Hodes’ representations include:
- the special committee of the board of directors of Myovant Sciences Ltd. in the $1.7 billion acquisition by Sumitovant Biopharma Ltd. of the remaining 48% stake in Myovant that Sumitovant did not already own;
- Fortress Value Acquisition Corp. II (a SPAC) in its $2.5 billion merger with ATI Physical Therapy;
- Abaco Systems (a portfolio company of Veritas Capital) in its $1.35 billion sale to AMETEK, Inc.;
- Veritas Capital in its $3 billion acquisition of Cubic Corporation;
- W3BCLOUD Holdings Inc. in its $1.25 billion merger with Social Leverage Acquisition Corp I (a SPAC);
- BridgeBio Pharma, Inc. in its $1 billion acquisition of the remaining 36% stake in Eidos Therapeutics, Inc. that it did not already own;
- Kemet Corporation in its $1.8 billion acquisition by Yageo Corporation;
- New Residential Investment Corp. in its $1.5 billion acquisition of Genesis Capital and certain loan assets from Goldman Sachs Bank;
- the conflicts committee of the board of directors of KKR & Co. Inc. in a series of structural and governance changes in connection with founders Henry Kravis and George Roberts stepping down as co-CEOs;
- Anaplan, Inc. in its $10.7 billion acquisition by Thoma Bravo;
- IAC/InterActiveCorp in its $600 million acquisition of Care.com;
- Merit Medical Systems, Inc. in its settlement with activist shareholder Starboard Value LP following a threatened proxy contest;
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc. in numerous transactions, including its multipart joint venture transaction with Healthpeak Properties, Inc. (formerly HCP, Inc.);
- Navient Corporation in numerous transactions, including:
- its evaluation and rejection of a $3.2 billion unsolicited acquisition proposal from
Canyon Capital and Platinum Equity; and
- in connection with a threatened proxy contest by Canyon Capital and subsequent negotiation of a settlement agreement;
- A. Schulman, Inc. in its $2.25 billion acquisition by LyondellBasell N.V.;
- Iconix Brand Group, Inc. in its adoption of a shareholder rights plan; and
- AEP Industries Inc. in its $765 million sale to Berry Plastics Group, Inc.
Ms. Richter Hodes also provides pro bono legal services to a variety of New York-based clients.