Anya Richter Hodes focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs), securities and general corporate matters. Ms. Richter Hodes advises public and private companies, financial institutions and private equity firms on a variety of corporate matters, including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, tender and exchange offers, SPAC transactions, joint ventures, investments, carveouts and restructurings. She also counsels clients on shareholder activism, takeover preparedness and corporate governance matters.
Examples of Ms. Richter Hodes’ representations include:
- Fortress Value Acquisition Corp. II (a SPAC) in its $2.5 billion merger with ATI Physical Therapy;
- Abaco Systems (a portfolio company of Veritas Capital) in its $1.35 billion sale to AMETEK, Inc.;
- Veritas Capital in its $3 billion acquisition of Cubic Corporation;
- BridgeBio Pharma, Inc. in its $1 billion acquisition of the remaining 36% stake in Eidos Therapeutics, Inc. that it does not already own;
- Kemet Corporation in its $1.8 billion acquisition by Yageo Corporation;
- IAC/InterActiveCorp in its $600 million acquisition of Care.com;
- Realogy Holdings Corp. in its proposed, but since terminated, $400 million sale of its global relocation business to an affiliate of SIRVA, Inc., a portfolio company of Madison Dearborn Partners, LLC;
- Merit Medical Systems, Inc. in its settlement with activist shareholder Starboard Value LP following a threatened proxy contest;
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc. in numerous transactions, including:
- its multipart joint venture transaction with Healthpeak Properties, Inc. (formerly HCP, Inc.); and
- in connection with multiple proxy contests threatened by activist shareholder Land & Buildings;
- Navient Corporation in numerous transactions, including:
- its evaluation and rejection of a $3.2 billion unsolicited acquisition proposal from Canyon Capital and Platinum Equity; and
- in connection with a threatened proxy contest by Canyon Capital and subsequent negotiation of a settlement agreement;
- A. Schulman, Inc. in its $2.25 billion acquisition by LyondellBasell N.V.;
- H.I.G. Bayside Capital in the sale of its portfolio company, Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc., to Corsair Capital LLC;
- Iconix Brand Group, Inc. in its adoption of a shareholder rights plan; and
- AEP Industries Inc. in its $765 million sale to Berry Plastics Group, Inc.
Ms. Richter Hodes also provides pro bono legal services to a variety of New York-based clients.