Anya Richter Hodes advises public and private companies, financial institutions and private equity firms on mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, tender and exchange offers, investments, carveouts and restructurings. She also advises clients on shareholder activism, takeover preparedness, securities laws, SEC disclosure and corporate governance matters.
Examples of Ms. Richter Hodes’ representations include:
- Fortress Value Acquisition Corp. II in its pending $2.5 billion merger with ATI Physical
- BridgeBio Pharma, Inc. in its $1 billion acquisition of the remaining 36% stake in Eidos
Therapeutics, Inc. that it does not already own;
- Veritas Capital in its pending $2.8 billion acquisition of Cubic Corporation;
- Kemet Corporation in its $1.8 billion acquisition by Yageo Corporation;
- IAC/InterActiveCorp in its $600 million acquisition of Care.com;
- Realogy Holdings Corp. in its proposed, but since terminated, $400 million sale of its global relocation business to an affiliate of SIRVA, Inc., a portfolio company of Madison Dearborn Partners, LLC;
- Merit Medical Systems, Inc. in its settlement with activist shareholder Starboard Value LP following a threatened proxy contest;
- HC2 Holdings Inc. in its response to a consent solicitation to remove the entire board and a threatened proxy contest by MG Capital and Percy Rockdale, as well as the subsequent negotiation of settlement agreements with major stockholders of HC2;
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc. in numerous transactions, including:
- its multipart joint venture transaction with Healthpeak Properties, Inc. (formerly HCP, Inc.); and
- in connection with multiple proxy contests threatened by activist shareholder Land & Buildings;
- Navient Corporation in numerous transactions, including:
- its evaluation and rejection of a $3.2 billion unsolicited acquisition proposal from Canyon Capital and Platinum Equity;
- in connection with a threatened proxy contest by Canyon Capital and subsequent negotiation of a settlement agreement; and
- its share repurchase transaction totaling $300 million;
- A. Schulman, Inc. in its $2.25 billion acquisition by LyondellBasell N.V.;
- H.I.G. Bayside Capital in the sale of its portfolio company, Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc., to Corsair Capital LLC;
- Iconix Brand Group, Inc. in its response to the rapid accumulation of common stock by Sports Direct International plc and by Huber Capital Management LLC, including the adoption of a shareholder rights plan; and
- AEP Industries Inc. in its $765 million sale to Berry Plastics Group, Inc.
Ms. Richter Hodes also provides pro bono legal services to a variety of New York-based clients.