Ms. Sarkissian’s clients include institutional investors, sovereign wealth funds, private equity firms, lenders, borrowers, buyers, sellers, landlords, tenants and developers. She also has been involved in various alternative energy transactions involving wind and solar farms, and the development and financing of transmission facilities. In recognition of her work, Ms. Sarkissian was named one of Best Lawyers’ 2024 Ones To Watch in America.
Ms. Sarkissian’s representations include:
- an Asia-based sovereign wealth fund in connection with numerous U.S. joint venture investments, including the co-investment in a portfolio of multifamily homes for approximately $1.3 billion and the formation of a joint venture to acquire portfolios of U.S. multifamily and single-family assets
- a sovereign wealth fund in connection with investments in office buildings in Australia
- Healthpeak Properties, Inc. in numerous transactions, including its $168 million acquisition of a portfolio of medical office buildings
- Brookfield in connection with the acquisition and refinancing of the 192 MW Catalyst Old River Hydroelectric facility in Louisiana, including a $560 million private placement of senior secured notes and a $42 million letter of credit facility
- TerraForm Power, Inc. in connection with a nonrecourse $246 million private placement and $22 million letter of credit facility for a 218 MW wind farm in Illinois
- Burlington Coat Factory in its asset-based revolving facility and term loan facility
- Intel Corporation in the $150 million sale of its Home Gateway Platform Division to MaxLinear, Inc.
- Bucherer AG in its acquisition of Tourneau, LLC
Ms. Sarkissian also has represented numerous other clients, including AustralianSuper, The RMR Group LLC, TPG Capital, Brookdale Senior Living Inc., Burlington Stores, Inc., Consulate Health Care, LLC, DE Shaw & Co, WeWork Companies LLC and Zayo Group Holdings, Inc., in various acquisitions, dispositions, financings, joint ventures, leases and restructurings.
Additionally, Ms. Sarkissian has worked on a variety of pro bono engagements, including real estate acquisitions, sales and leases for Los Angeles-based nonprofit organizations.