James Sherlock advises financial sponsors on a wide range of transactions, including private acquisitions, carve-outs, co-investments, consortium deals, group restructurings and other general corporate matters.
Mr. Sherlock’s experience since joining Skadden includes advising:
- I Squared Capital on its acquisition of Enva, a recycling and resource recovery business based in the U.K. and Ireland, from Exponent Capital
His experience prior to joining Skadden includes advising:
- Blackrock and Franklin Templeton on the sale of Embark, an investment platform and retirement solutions provider, to Lloyds Banking Group plc
- Bridgepoint on its sale of Pret A Manger to JAB Holdings
- Bridgepoint Development Capital on its acquisition of Analysys Mason, a global consultancy and research firm specialising in telecommunications, media and technology, from Datatec
- Inflexion on its minority investment in (and subsequent sale of) Huws Gray, the largest independent builders’ merchant in the U.K.
- Livingbridge on its acquisition of World of Books, the U.K.’s leading online reseller of second-hand books, from Bridges Fund Management
- Marlin Equity Partners on the sale of Qualitest, a provider of AI-powered engineering services, to Bridgepoint
- Phoenix Equity Partners on its sale of Bridge Leisure, an owner and operator of holiday parks in the U.K., to Park Holidays
- Premier Rugby Limited, the holding company of the top division of English rugby union, on a major investment by CVC