Victoria Smallwood advises public and private companies, private equity firms and financial institutions in a variety of corporate matters, including mergers, acquisitions, carve-out transactions and private placements.
Notable representations include:
- funds advised by Apax Partners, L.P. in the sale of a majority stake in ECI Software Solutions, Inc.;
- Neuberger Berman Group LLC in the $12.5 billion combination of its Dyal Capital Partners division and Owl Rock Group to form Blue Owl Capital;
- Duck Creek Technologies in its private placement for $450 million in securities and its subsequent initial public offering;
- WABCO Holdings Inc. in its $7 billion acquisition by ZF Friedrichshafen AG;
- Armstrong Flooring Inc. in the sale of its wood flooring business to American Industrial Partners;
- Becton, Dickinson and Company in its $24 billion acquisition of C.R. Bard, Inc.;
- Liberty Mutual Group Inc. in its $3.3 billion sale of Liberty Life Assurance Company of Boston, consisting of its group benefits and life and annuity businesses, to Lincoln Financial Group and Protective Life Insurance Company,
- Express Scripts in its $67 billion acquisition by Cigna.
Ms. Smallwood serves on the firm’s Associates Committee, Associates Recruiting Committee and steering committee for the New York LGBTQ+ Affinity Network. She also has provided pro bono legal services to nonprofit organizations, including the Transgender Legal Defense & Education Fund and Sanctuary for Families.