Mayra Suárez’s litigation experience includes conducting internal investigations on behalf of U.S. and foreign corporations, audit committees and individuals in the U.S., Europe and Latin America. She also has defended clients in connection with allegations of unlawful antitrust practices and in investigations by the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) related to the Foreign Corrupt Practice Act (FCPA). Ms. Suárez advises clients on improvements to their compliance policies and procedures.
Some of her representations have included:
- conducting several internal investigations on behalf of the audit committee of a multinational company in the health care sector relating to improper business practices and accounting irregularities, including issues arising under the FCPA;
- representing a public company in a criminal and civil investigation by the DOJ’s Antitrust Division and state attorneys general;
- advising companies in the health care and construction sectors regarding internal investigations and developing and enhancing their compliance programs;
- representing a company in an arbitration concerning a dispute relating to the termination of an agreement; and
- representing a multinational media corporation in connection with investigations related to government contracts.