Akira Tago focuses on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, and other general corporate matters. He represents clients across a variety of industry sectors, including financial institutions, manufacturing, airlines, real estate, pharmaceutical and food companies.
Mr. Tago joined Skadden in 2018 after previously working at a leading Japanese law firm.
His experience since he joined Skadden includes advising:
- freee K.K. in its ¥35 billion initial public offering on the Tokyo Stock Exchange;
- Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd. in its ¥359.5 billion global common stock offering;
- the underwriters on its multiple SEC-registered bond offerings of Japan Bank for International Cooperation (guaranteed by the Japanese government);
- the underwriters on the US$1.15 billion hybrid debt offering by Nippon Life Insurance
- Sekisui Chemical Co., Ltd. in its US$510 million acquisition of AIM Aerospace Corporation;
- Toshiba Corporation in its (by itself or through its subsidiaries) taking-private of its three publicly traded subsidiaries;
- ARTERIA Networks Corporation in its ¥21.9 billion global IPO;
- Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company, Limited in its US$910 million overseas hybrid debt offering;
- Toyota Industries Corporation in its US$600 million senior notes offering;
- Key Safety Systems in its acquisition of substantially all of Takata Corporation’s global assets and operations;
- Daiwa House REIT Investment Corporation in its ¥56.8 billion, ¥36.3 billion and ¥34.3 billion global equity offerings; and
- Invincible Investment Corporation in its ¥41.6 billion and ¥24.1 billion global equity offerings.