Max Troper is a corporate attorney who advises public and private companies and private equity firms on a variety of U.S. and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, restructurings and other corporate matters.
Mr. Troper has represented a diverse range of clients across industries in deals such as:
- LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton S.E. in its $16.2 billion acquisition of Tiffany & Co., which was the largest-ever luxury sector transaction;
- American Express Global Business Travel, the world’s leading B2B travel platform, in its:
- $5.3 billion business combination with Apollo Strategic Growth Capital; and
- acquisition of the Egencia corporate travel business from Expedia Group;
- Duck Creek Technologies, Inc. in its pending (i) $2.6 billion take-private transaction with Vista Equity Partners and (ii) acquisition of IMburse Payments;
- Vital Proteins, a leading collagen brand and a lifestyle and wellness platform offering supplements, beverages and food products, in its acquisition by Nestle Health Science;
- Dayco, LLC in its acquisition by Hidden Harbor Capital Partners;
- Broadscale Acquisition Corp. in its proposed but terminated $1.3 billion business combination with Voltus, Inc., an electricity-market technology startup;
- York Capital Management in its sale of The Bay Club Company, a leading active lifestyle and hospitality company, to KKR;
- Anbang Insurance Group Co., Ltd. as lead member of an investor group in its proposed, unsolicited $14 billion acquisition of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc.;
- Excelitas Technologies Corp., a portfolio company of Veritas Capital, in its acquisition by AEA Investors LP;
- WhistlePig, a distiller of luxury rye whiskey, in its partnership with BDT Capital Partners and its related liquidity transaction;
- GP Investments Acquisition Corp. in its proposed but terminated acquisition of World Kitchen and its subsequent business combination with Rimini Street Inc.;
- Veritas Capital in its acquisition of GE Intelligent Platforms Embedded Systems Inc. from General Electric Company;
- DuPont in its $725 million sale of its trichlorosilane business to Hemlock Semiconductor and the sale of its stake in the Hemlock joint ventures;
- New Senior Investment Group Inc. (a REIT) in connection with its publicly announced exploration of strategic alternatives;
- SL Green Realty Corp. (a REIT) in connection with various M&A, financing and other matters; and
- Fortress Investment Group LLC in a variety of corporate matters.
Mr. Troper is actively involved in Skadden’s corporate training, recruiting and mentoring programs. He also provides pro bono legal services to a variety of New York-based clients, as well as a little league baseball and softball organization and The Innocence Project.