Michael Vann represents clients in diverse and sophisticated real estate matters across all asset classes. Mr. Vann’s practice includes property acquisitions and sales, partnership and joint venture formations, financings and leasings. His clients include institutional investors, buyers, sellers, landlords, tenants, borrowers and lenders.
For example, Mr. Vann has represented:
- a sovereign wealth fund of Singapore in securing $5.1 billion in financing in connection with its $8.1 billion acquisition of an industrial property portfolio from Blackstone;
- Colony American Homes in its $7.7 billion merger with Starwood Waypoint Residential Trust;
- Fortress Investment Group LLC in its $3.3 billion acquisition by SoftBank Group Corp.;
- QIC Limited in its acquisition of Forest City Enterprises, L.P.’s ownership interest in 10 regional malls and its retail operating platform (including most personnel) for $1.6 billion; and
- InvenTrust Properties in its $1.41 billion sale of its student housing platform, University House, to a joint venture including Scion and the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, among others.
Mr. Vann’s representations also have included BNP Paribas; Oaktree Capital Management, L.P.; Dexus Industrial Properties, Inc.; The RMR Group LLC and Senior Housing Properties Trust; Bucherer AG; Boral Limited; and AdvancePierre Foods.
Mr. Vann also serves on the firm’s Los Angeles office recruiting committee.