Demetrius Warrick is a corporate attorney focusing on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, securities and general corporate law. He regularly advises public and private clients in a variety of corporate matters, including strategic acquisitions, divestitures, auctions, strategic investments, reorganizations, financial advisor engagements and joint ventures. Mr. Warrick also has represented many companies with respect to shareholder activism, takeover preparedness, unsolicited proposals, contested proxy solicitations and other contests for corporate control. In addition, he has advised clients in designing and implementing shareholder rights plans and other corporate protective measures.
Examples of Mr. Warrick’s experience include representation of:
- Lumber Liquidators on various matters, including its response to a threatened unsolicited proposal from a dissident and its response to a threatened proxy contest by dissident shareholders;
- HG Capital in connection with its acquisition of Litera Microsystems;
- Aurinia Pharmaceuticals in connection with its successful proxy contest against dissident ILJIN SNT;
- Social Finance in connection with various matters, including its acquisition of a U.S. technology company;
- Dentsply Sirona in connection with various matters, including its internal reorganization;
- Navient Corporation in its proxy fight and settlement with Canyon Capital Advisors;
- Mars, Incorporated on various matters, including its acquisition of one of the largest privately owned chains of freestanding veterinary hospitals in the U.S.;
- Pier 1 Imports, Inc. on various matters, including its adoption of a shareholder rights plan in response to activist shareholder Alden Global Capital LLC;
- Intel Corporation in its $4.2 billion joint venture with TPG Capital, L.P. to form an independent cybersecurity company called McAfee;
- PFA Pension Forsikringsaktieselskab in connection with its participation in an investor consortium for purposes of acquiring InterPark, the largest owner-operated parking infrastructure in the U.S.;
- The Howard Gilman Foundation in its sale of the operations of the Gilman Companies to West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.;
- Fox Sports Network in connection with various matters, including several joint venture agreements with Major League Baseball, and its acquisition of a U.S. sports technology platform;
- Harland Clarke Holding Corp. on various matters, including in connection with its sale of Faneuil, Inc. to ALJ Regional Holding;
- Dean Foods Company in the $1.5 billion sale of its Morningstar Foods division to Saputo Inc.; and
- Thomas Properties Group Inc. in its $1.2 billion stock-for-stock merger with Parkway Properties Inc., a real estate investment trust.
Mr. Warrick has been a member of Skadden’s Black and African American Affinity Network since joining the firm in 2011 and served as a member of the Steering Committee from 2015-18.