Dr. Jermaine Washington represents corporate clients and private equity firms in connection with a wide range of M&A transactions, including inbound and outbound investments and other transactions. He also advises on global foreign investment control review processes and filings in the context of corporate transactions.
Dr. Washington’s experience includes advising:
- Hermann Rosen, founder of ROSEN Group, a global leader in inspection and integrity management services for energy transmission pipelines, in the carve-out of the company’s New Ventures division, the sale of ROSEN Group to Partners Group AG and a significant reinvestment by Mr. Rosen in the new ownership structure
- Trimble Inc. in the sale and contribution of its agriculture business to a joint venture with
AGCO Corporation, as well as AGCO’s US$2 billion acquisition of an 85% stake in the
- WT Microelectronics Co., Ltd., a semiconductor components distributor headquartered in Taiwan, on its US$3.8 billion acquisition of Future Electronics Inc., a Canada-based global distributor of electronic components
- a consortium led by Energy Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition of approximately 20% of Fluxys Group, an operator of gas pipelines and LNG terminals across Europe, from Canadian pension fund Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) and its partnership with Publigas SA, which owns approximately 77% of Fluxys Group
- phenox and its shareholders, including health care private equity investor SHS, on the sale of phenox to Wallaby Medical for a total consideration of €500 million, including milestone payments
- PayPal, Inc., along with The Carlyle Group Inc., on a US$100 million investment in Shopware AG
- Færch Group and its owner, A.P. Møller Holding, on the acquisition of PACCOR Group from U.S. private equity firm Lindsay Goldberg
- Visa Inc. on its US$2.2 billion acquisition of Tink AB
- Corning Incorporated on its acquisition of substantially all of the Communication Markets division of 3M
Dr. Washington has been repeatedly named to Best Lawyers’ Ones To Watch list (including 2024). He is a member of the firm’s German Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee.