Justin Winerman represents clients in all aspects of complex corporate restructurings across a wide range of industries, including health care, financial services, energy and media.
Mr. Winerman has assisted on numerous Chapter 11 cases, including for:
- TridentUSA Health Services, a nationwide mobile diagnostics health care provider, in its successful reorganization in Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, which delevered the company’s balance sheet by approximately $600 million. This matter was named a 2020 TMA Turnaround of the Year by the Turnaround Management Association and Healthcare/Life Sciences Deal of the Year ($500MM or more) by The M&A Advisor;
- EMAS CHIYODA Subsea Limited, an international subsea construction company, in its successful restructuring in Chapter 11 cases in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas. This matter received an Atlas Award for Cross Border Turnaround of the Year;
- SunEdison, Inc., a renewable energy project developer, in the largest Chapter 11 bankruptcy case by assets in 2016 and successful emergence from bankruptcy;
- Exide Technologies, a global transportation and industrial battery manufacturer, in its successful reorganization of more than $600 million of debt;
- Ryckman Creek, a national gas storage firm;
- Hartmarx Corporation, a menswear company;
- The ShoreBank Corporation, a community development bank;
- AMCORE Financial, Inc., a financial services company; and
- VeraSun Energy Corporation, an ethanol producer
In addition, he advises creditors and other parties in interest on business reorganization and insolvency matters.
Mr. Winerman has repeatedly been named to The Best Lawyers in America for his work in bankruptcy, insolvency and reorganization law.