Justin Winerman represents clients in all aspects of complex corporate restructurings across a wide range of industries, including health care, financial services, energy and media.
Mr. Winerman has assisted on numerous Chapter 11 cases, including for:
- TridentUSA Health Services, a nationwide mobile diagnostics health care provider, in its successful reorganization in Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, which delevered the company’s balance sheet by approximately $600 million. This matter was named a 2020 TMA Turnaround of the Year by the Turnaround Management Association and Healthcare/Life Sciences Deal of the Year ($500MM or more) by The M&A Advisor;
- various skilled nursing, assisted living and long-term care facility managers and operators in both in and out-of-court restructuring and financing matters;
- Tranche A-2 DIP lenders in providing a $550 million DIP-to-exit facility in the Chapter 11 cases of Colombia’s largest airline, Avianca Holdings S.A., et al. This deal was named Restructuring Deal of the Year in 2022 by LatinFinance;
- the minority DIP lender in the Chapter 11 cases of one of Mexico’s largest airlines, Grupo Aeroméxico, S.A.B. de C.V.;
- R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company in connection with the Chapter 11 cases of its former subsidiary LSC Communications, Inc., et al., including negotiation and procurement of a global settlement and plan releases;
- EMAS CHIYODA Subsea Limited, an international subsea construction company;
- SunEdison, Inc. in the largest Chapter 11 bankruptcy case by assets in 2016;
- Exide Technologies, a global transportation and industrial battery manufacturer;
- Ryckman Creek, a national gas storage firm;
- Hartmarx Corporation, a menswear company;
- The ShoreBank Corporation, a community development bank; and
- AMCORE Financial, Inc., a financial services company.
In addition, he advises creditors and other parties in interest on business reorganization and insolvency matters.
Mr. Winerman has repeatedly been named to The Best Lawyers in America for his work in bankruptcy, insolvency and reorganization law.