Nicholas Woodruff concentrates his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, private
equity transactions, joint ventures, capital markets and other general corporate and securities
matters. Mr. Woodruff represents public and private companies acting as acquirers or sellers,
private equity firms and other strategic investors, and investment banks and other financing
sources, in a variety of U.S. and international transactions. He primarily focuses on matters
involving energy and infrastructure projects, renewable projects and the chemicals and
manufacturing industries, among other sectors.
Mr. Woodruff has represented, among others:
- Brookfield Renewable in its:
- $540 million acquisition of Standard Solar, a distributed solar business
- sale of the 50% interest in Smoky Mountain, a 378 MW U.S. hydroelectric portfolio, to
Argo Infrastructure Partners
- Southwestern Energy in its:
- $1.9 billion acquisition of GEP Haynesville, LLC
- $2.7 billion acquisition of Indigo Natural Resources, LLC
- $849 million acquisition of Montage Resources
- Devon Energy Corporation in its merger of equals with WPX Energy, Inc.
- New Fortress Energy Inc. in its:
- $2.18 billion acquisition of Hygo Energy Transition Ltd. from Golar LNG Limited and
Stonepeak Infrastructure Fund II Cayman (G) Ltd.
- $251 million acquisition of Golar LNG Partners LP
- Macpherson Energy Corporation in its $70 million acquisition by Berry Corporation
- The Middleby Corporation in its:
- proposed but terminated acquisition of Welbilt, Inc. valued at $4.3 billion
- acquisition of numerous private companies
- First Solar, Inc. in its project and portfolio sales to:
- EDP Renewables
- Longroad Energy Holdings
- Dominion Energy
- Goldman Sachs Renewable Partners
- The Halliburton Company in the sale of its Russia operations to a Russia-based management
- Apartment Investment and Management Company in its $10.4 billion reverse spin-off of
Apartment Income REIT Corp.