Stephanie Yesnik regularly represents clients in diverse and sophisticated real estate matters, with a specific focus on joint venture transactions, real estate investment trust (REIT) formation, structuring and related transactions, financings, and portfolio and single-asset acquisitions and dispositions. Ms. Yesnik represents numerous investors with respect to real property acquisitions and dispositions, partnership and joint venture investments, and real estate funds in connection with their formation and financing transactions. She has advised public and private companies in a variety of sale and acquisition transactions, including mergers, and stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures. Ms. Yesnik represents both lenders and borrowers in connection with her real estate finance practice.
Ms. Yesnik’s representations include:
- a sovereign wealth fund, with respect to the:
- formation of a joint venture with Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. and the related $476 million recapitalization of a life sciences complex in Boston;
- investment with The Goldman Sachs Group to acquire more than $3.5 billion in senior housing opportunities in the United States;
- formation of a joint venture with LBA Logistics owning, and subsequent recapitalization with Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust, Inc., of two industrial portfolios comprising 71 assets totaling 9.5 million square feet and $1.6 billion of gross value, located in the United States; and
- formation of a joint venture with Ventas, Inc. for the purposes of investing in a portfolio of university-based research and innovation development projects with total project costs estimated at $930 million;
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc. in its entry into a series of transactions with Ventas, Inc. to restructure Brookdale’s 120-facility/10,000-unit master lease with Ventas, including lease modifications and the sale of a $100 million portfolio of properties;
- Black Diamond Capital Management, L.L.C. and InvestIndustrial in their $425 million acquisition of the phenolic specialty resin, hexamine and European forest products resins businesses of Hexion Inc;
- Stryker Corporation in its $5.4 billion acquisition of Wright Medical Group N.V;
- RV Retailer, LLC in its $500 million dealership floorplan and term loan financings secured by real property; and
- R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company in connection with a $550 million Term Loan B secured by real property.