Christopher York represents public and private clients in a wide variety of M&A transactions and regularly advises on securities law compliance and corporate governance matters. Some of his significant representations include:
Vertex Pharmaceuticals in its acquisition of Semma Therapeutics for $950 million;
- Array BioPharma in its $11.4 billion sale to Pfizer;
- Stemline Therapeutics in its sale to Menarini Group for up to $677 million;
- Gilead Sciences in its:
- $11.9 billion acquisition of Kite Pharma; and
- $5.1 billion investment in, and expanded collaboration with, Galapagos NV;
- Strongbridge Biopharma in its sale of Macrilen to Novo Nordisk for $145 million plus royalties, and in the related $36.7 million equity investment by Novo Nordisk in Strongbridge;
- Highbridge Capital Management in its acquisition of assets from Pernix Therapeutics, structured as a Chapter 11 credit bid;
- Kelso & Company and affiliates of Blue Wolf Capital Partners in connection with the acquisition of Jordan Health Services from Palladium Equity Partners, and Kelso in connection with the concurrent merger of Jordan Health Services with Great Lakes Caring and National Home Health Care under a combined entity jointly owned with affiliates of Blue Wolf;
- BlueFocus International in its terminated $415 million combination of assets with, and acquisition of a controlling interest in, Cogint;
- TravelCenters of America in the sale of its Minit Mart convenience store businesses to EG Group for $330 million;
- Tremont Mortgage Trust in its initial public offering and concurrent private placement; and
- multiple matters involving The RMR Group LLC and its affiliates and the public and private companies to which they provide management services, including drafting annual proxy statements; current, quarterly and annual reports; and beneficial ownership forms.
Mr. York is also an active participant in the firm’s pro bono efforts. He has assisted several nonprofit corporations on corporate governance matters and has been involved in various immigration-related projects.