Global businesses feel the growing impact of new competition laws and more sophisticated competition law enforcement around the world. Regardless of whether our clients’ critical competition issues concern developed or emerging jurisdictions — or several jurisdictions at once — Skadden provides timely, seamless assistance with their competition law challenges. Our Antitrust/Competition Group possesses the unique and proven ability to pilot the most sophisticated international competition investigations, merger reviews and litigations through the complexities of this new and shifting framework. Given that today’s competition law enforcers increasingly coordinate, clients should expect the same from their counsel.
Chambers USA, Legal 500 and U.S. News — Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” recognize Skadden as one of the top-tier firms in the area of antitrust and competition. In addition, we rank among Global Competition Review’s Global Elite in the GCR 100, the publication’s guide to the world’s leading competition law practices.
Our accomplishments on behalf of clients across industries include:
- obtaining timely clearance from antitrust merger control agencies around the globe, including in the U.S., the EU, Japan and China, for highly complex mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures;
- the successful defense of major clients in treble-damage U.S. class action litigation, monopolization claims and other government and private U.S. civil disputes;
- guiding companies through U.S. grand jury investigations and EU and EU Member State administrative investigations and court procedures for claims including cartel, price-fixing, dominance, parallel trade and vertical restraints issues;
- advising clients in connection with Federal Trade Commission (FTC) investigations and administrative proceedings;
- coordinating strategies in leniency applications and cartel investigations in parallel actions by authorities around the world; and
- establishing and maintaining global antitrust compliance programs, including audits, dawn raid training, in-house counsel workshops and in-person and online compliance training.
To best assist clients, our Antitrust/Competition Group draws on the resources of Skadden’s worldwide platform, which includes focused, integrated services in global mergers and acquisitions, government enforcement and white collar criminal investigations and litigation, trial-level and appellate litigation, and international arbitration. In the U.S., Skadden lawyers assist clients in hearings before the U.S. Congress and federal regulatory agencies, including those in health care, energy, transportation and communications as well as the Department of Defense.