Provides administrative support to the Human Resources (HR) Department. Maintains personnel files and uses various HR software systems to perform various candidate and employee actions, including: personnel data entry, applicant tracking, evaluations, surveys, and departures. Uses shared department calendar to monitor various deadlines, handles the temporary and vendor worker process, and responds to HR inquiries and requests. Assists with professional staff programs and events.
- Performs data entry in HRIS and applicant tracking systems; runs, compiles, and distributes reports to management.
- Works with department managers to ensure completion of all vendor and temporary worker policy acknowledgements and submits background and conflict checks as needed.
- Assists with compensation research, pay equity analyses, and compiling annual compensation and benefits survey.
- Maintains birthday and milestone anniversary programs and distributes cards, vouchers and gifts as needed.
- Coordinates cards, flowers, and gifts for professional staff life events and service reward programs.
- Assists with various professional staff events throughout the year; partners with committees to create themes and activities, plan menus, book rooms, and decorate.
- Tracks employee recognition program nominees and rewards.
- Assists department with tracking the administration of various leave programs (e.g. FMLA, ADA, disabilities, and Worker's Compensation).
- Assists department with executing training, development, and well-being initiatives.
- Assists with the recruitment and onboarding process; schedules interviews and registers guests, drafts offer letters, prepares orientation materials and makes updates to presentation, leads office tours, and assists with benefits enrollment as needed.
- Coordinates the WageWorks commuter benefits program for the Chicago office, enrolls and removes participants, reconciles invoices, processes payments, forwards reports, and troubleshoots user errors.
- Assists manager with budget tracking and reconciliation.
- Assists department with maintaining shared department calendars, adding and editing events, and tracking deadlines.
- Assists with revision and preparation of staff directories.
- Assists with periodic attendance record adjustments and quarterly audit/reconciliation.
- Assists with annual evaluation process by tracking outstanding evaluations, obtains final signature, and files in personnel file.
- Coordinates tuition reimbursement program, processes payments and maintains participant log.
- Periodically audits and updates the department's Slate pages to ensure accuracy and relevancy of all information.
- Assists with maintenance of personnel files and offsite file storage.
- Maintains employee discount programs, Firm ticket raffles for professional staff and tracking.
- Distributes temporary keycards in absence of Security Manager according to procedures.
- Recommends methods to streamline and otherwise improve administrative processes and effectiveness.
- Opens, identifies, and routes unclaimed office mail, processes HR check requests and expense reports.
- Responds to phone inquiries regarding payroll, verifications of employment, benefits and Firm policies and procedures for professional staff; consults on appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software (e.g. Lawson, viDesktop, Lawcruit) and operating systems
- Knowledge of Human Resources field and procedures
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to perform frequent physical exertion, including: sit or stand for a prolonged period of time, repetitive use of both hands, lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds, ability to operate keyboard and telephone
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of two year's Human Resources or related experience
- Knowledge of HR field and employment law preferred
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.