Skadden, Arps, a major international law firm in Times Square, is seeking skilled, energetic candidates with bachelor's degrees for an hourly overnight job as a legal assistant, three or four nights a week. This job is probably *not* for those who are seeking advancement in the legal field or a career in the law. You need to be sincerely interested in and available for working during the night (11:30 PM – 6:30 AM). The standard schedule is three or four shifts (primarily overnight, 11:30 PM–6:30 AM, though one shift could be 7:00 PM–2:00 AM) – pay is considerably higher on the four-overnight schedule. We may also have some non-overnight shifts available during the day on weekends. The benefits of the job are (i) a terrific work environment and (ii) a great deal of flexibility and stability once you've learned the skills. We teach you everything but you must already be fast on a computer, highly flexible and quick to learn, and you should have at least six months' experience working in an office environment. A major part of the job is word processing and using other technical applications, along with a lot of proofreading. We value people who read and follow instructions, so please observe these especially: do not email and do not submit your resume electronically. We only accept well formatted, typo-free, hard-copy resumes sent with cover letters in an envelope through the U.S. Mail, addressed to Operations Group Manager, Skadden, Arps, Office 36-428, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.
- Assists in all aspects of document preparation, processing and completion, frequently working directly with attorneys and clients.
- Cite-checks and shepardizes legal memoranda and articles to ensure accuracy and validity.
- Utilizes word processing software to create, edit, revise, format and print a wide range of document types.
- Converts documents from one application to another.
- Proofreads and redlines documents to department standards; reads documents for typos and sense, checks cross references and verifies defined terms.
- Prints cases, digests depositions, compiles document binders, creates indexes, creates tables of contents and tables of authorities.
- Provides support at client meetings, including answering phones and ordering food.
- Delegates work to support services as necessary and verifies the accuracy of delegated work.
- Performs assignments that are varied and complex in nature with minimal supervision, often while under time critical deadlines.
- Writes clear instructions when delegating or receiving assignments to or from attorneys, legal assistants or support services.
- Writes an Assignment Status Report to the originator at the end of every assignment.
- Maintains regular contact with Desk and refers unusual situations to Desk or supervisor.
- Assists, advises and trains other staff members as needed.
- Assures that all completed projects adhere to accepted professional standards.
- Performs standard responsibilities of support services when needed, including printing, scanning, reprographics, quality control, faxing and hand-delivering packages.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of proofreading symbols, legal terminology and proper citation forms
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Knowledge of reprographic and printing equipment
- Flexibility and willingness to perform a wide range of tasks
- Ability to read, interpret, convey, and follow instructions
- Ability to complete jobs in a timely manner and meet deadlines
- Ability to perform job during specified shift
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain calm and function under pressure
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent attention to detail; is neat and accurate
- Ability to move boxes, transport books and deliver packages
- Ability to sit at work station for extended periods of time
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of six months experience in an office environment
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.