Mr. Bogenrief regularly represents private equity firms, as well as various private and public corporate clients, in a wide variety of acquisition and sale transactions, leveraged buyouts, capital transactions, spin-offs and various types of other financing transactions. He also counsels clients on recapitalizations and restructurings, executive compensation and incentive equity matters, and general corporate governance and compliance.
Mr. Bogenrief’s experience at Skadden includes, among other matters, advising:
- Aptean, Inc., a global provider of mission-critical enterprise software solutions, in its acquisition of Merlin Business Software Ltd., a provider of enterprise business solutions tailored to wholesalers and distributors;
- Burke Porter Group, a leading global provider of automated diagnostic, testing and production solutions serving life science and specialty industrial end markets, in its sale to AEA Investors LP;
- Delos Capital in connection with the sale of FCA Packaging, a leading manufacturer of customized industrial protective packaging solutions, to Wynnchurch Capital, L.P;
- Victory Park Capital, a leading private equity firm focused on emerging and established business across various industries in the U.S. and abroad, in numerous transactions; and
- Monroe Capital, a Chicago-based private asset management firm specializing in private capital investing, in numerous transactions.
Matters on which he advised prior to joining Skadden include:
- Victory Park Capital in numerous transactions, including the following Victory Park Capital-sponsored SPACs:
- VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings III, Inc. in its $4 billion business combination with Dave Inc., a financial platform;
- VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings II in its $2.5 billion business combination with FinAccel, the parent of artificial intelligence-enabled digital consumer credit platform Kredivo; and
- VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings in its $2.1 billion business combination with Bakkt Holdings, a digital asset marketplace;
- dMY Technology Group, Inc. in its $1.78 billion business combination with Rush Street Interactive, LP, a U.S.-based online casino and sports betting company;
- L Squared Capital Partners, an investment firm focusing on long-term investments in leading growth companies operating in targeted sectors, in its acquisition of Literacy Resources, LLC, d/b/a Heggerty, a leading early childhood literacy solutions provider;
- Rotunda Capital Partners, an operationally focused private equity firm, in its acquisition of Storm Smart, one of the largest vertically integrated direct-to-consumer marketers, manufacturers and installers of storm protection products in Florida;
Aptean, Inc., a global provider of mission-critical enterprise software solutions and portfolio company of Vista Equity Partners, in its acquisition of Lascom, a leader in product lifecycle management solutions for the manufacturing sector;
- Delos Capital in connection with the formation of MechanAir LLC, a platform consisting of commercial HVAC/mechanical and plumbing contractors with regional, industry and technology differentiation across the Midwest and East Coast;
- SoftBank Vision Fund in its investment in Energy Vault, a Switzerland-based startup utilizing advanced technology to facilitate long-term energy storage;
- Intermediate Capital Group plc in connection with a second lien credit facility, consisting of initial term loans and delayed draw term loans, in part to finance the acquisition of Utimus Fund Solutions and The Gemini Companies by the sponsor, GTCR; and
- Alliant Insurance Services and Stone Point Capital LLC in connection with a preferred equity offering to various co-investors and a preferred equity repurchase from Alliant Insurance Services’ majority preferred equity holder.
In addition, Mr. Bogenrief has represented Blackstone Tactical Opportunities, Clearlake Capital, Jump Capital, GTCR, Lee Equity Partners, Levine Leichtman Capital Partners, Macquarie Capital, Madison Dearborn Partners, Monomoy Capital Partners, Olympus Partners, Sun Capital Partners, Thoma Bravo, LLC and Waud Capital Partners in various transactions.
Mr. Bogenrief has been recognized repeatedly as a leader in M&A and private equity by business and legal publications, including The Legal 500 and Euromoney’s Expert Guides. He also was selected for inclusion in Chambers USA 2022 and was named one of Crain’s Chicago Business’ 2022 Notable Gen X Leaders in Law. He also received the Emerging Leaders award from The M&A Advisor in 2019.