Georgian Dimopoulos represents U.S., European and Canadian issuers, underwriters and other stakeholders in U.S. corporate matters, with a focus on cross-border capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance issues. Mr. Dimopoulos has worked on a broad range of transactions across a number of industries, including technology, financial services, retail, life sciences, mining, real estate and telecommunications.
Notable representations include:
- the special committee of independent directors of Adevinta ASA in connection with the US$13.2 billion bid to acquire Adevinta by a consortium led by funds advised by Permira and Blackstone, as well as General Atlantic and TCV
- Iceland Foods in its £475 million (equivalent) offering of 10.875% sterling-denominated notes and euro-denominated floating rate notes and concurrent tender offer
- Nokia Corporation in the sale of its VitalQIP business to Cygna Labs Corp
- Atlas Investissements, a holding company indirectly held by Xavier Niel, in its investment in Millicom International Cellular S.A.
- Odyssey Acquisition S.A. in its $1.7 billion merger with BenevolentAI, Europe’s largest-ever de-SPAC transaction and the largest listing of a biotech company on Euronext Amsterdam at the time
- BillerudKorsnäs AB in a rights offering of 3.5 billion Swedish krona ($350 million) in connection with its acquisition of Verso Corporation
- Joh. Berenberg, Gossler & Co. KG in connection with Sono Group N.V.’s $150 million committed equity facility
- CI Financial Corp. in its listing on the NYSE and inaugural U.S. dollar-denominated offering of registered debt securities for gross proceeds of $960 million
- the underwriters in Score Media and Gaming Inc.’s U.S. IPO for gross proceeds of $186 million
- Lightspeed POS Inc. in its listing on the NYSE and concurrent U.S. IPO for gross proceeds of $400 million
- the underwriters in Docebo Inc.’s U.S. IPO for gross proceeds of $165 million and subsequent follow-on secondary offering for gross proceeds of $115 million
- Sprott Inc. in its listing on the NYSE
- Zymeworks Inc. in its $300 million offering of equity securities, the largest-ever follow-on equity offering by a Canadian biotechnology company at the time
- the underwriters in multiple offerings of Rogers Communications Inc.’s registered debt securities totalling $1.75 billion
- the dealer managers in IAMGOLD Corp.’s $450 million offering of 5.750% notes and concurrent tender offer
- goeasy Ltd. in its offering of subscription receipts for gross proceeds of CA$170 million and subsequent $320 million offering of 4.375% notes
- the underwriters in multiple registered debt offerings for Brookfield Asset Management Inc. and Brookfield Finance Inc. totalling over $1.5 billion
- the agents, led by BofA Securities, Inc., in CIBC’s ongoing $6 billion medium-term notes program
Mr. Dimopoulos’ broader corporate practice includes advising on corporate governance matters and periodic and current filings with the SEC, as well as on satisfying requirements set forth by the NYSE and Nasdaq.