Skadden established a European presence more than 30 years ago with the opening of our London office, followed by offices located in Paris, Brussels, Frankfurt and Munich. This network leverages us to lead some of the most important pan-European deals, driving inbound and outbound investment. We deliver highly efficient, cost-effective and collaborative client service by utilizing our attorneys’ deep knowledge of the region, seamlessly working with our offices around the world in the following areas: M&A, capital markets, private equity, banking, corporate restructuring, investment management, tax, insurance, government enforcement and white collar crime, international litigation and arbitration, EU competition, ESG, financial regulatory, labor and employment, and IP, IT, data protection and cybersecurity.
Our recognition includes:
- Litigation, Arbitration and Dispute Resolution Team of the Year (Law.com’s British Legal Awards 2023).
- First-ever U.S.-headquartered law firm to top Bloomberg’s rankings of U.K. announced deals (January 2022).
- Corporate Team of the Year and Competition or Antitrust Team of the Year (The Lawyer European Awards 2021).
- Best International Tax Team (Tolley’s Taxation Awards 2023).
- Competition Team of the Year (Legal Business Awards).
- Transatlantic Restructuring Team of the Year, Transatlantic Antitrust Team of the Year, Transatlantic Tax Team of the Year and International Litigation and Arbitration Team of the Year (The American Lawyer and Legal Week Transatlantic Legal Awards).
- International Italian Desk of the Year (TopLegal Awards 2023).
Our European Capital Markets Group focuses on providing legal advice to corporate, investment banking and governmental clients. We advise on a variety of capital markets transactions, including initial public offerings, rights offerings, high-yield financings, offerings of regulatory capital and other hybrid securities and other global equity and debt offerings. We counsel clients in nearly every country in the greater European region, the former CIS, the Middle East and Africa, providing transactional and compliance advice in connection with securities offerings under the European Prospectus Directive and U.S. Rule 144A and Regulation S listings on the major European and U.S. stock exchanges.