Tommy Gentry represents clients in connection with a broad range of antitrust issues related to complex litigations and multidistrict litigations, appeals, government investigations and mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Gentry has experience representing clients in federal trial and appellate courts, and he also has represented clients in connection with investigations and reviews conducted by the Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission. He has worked with clients in diverse industries, including transportation, health care, pharmaceuticals, technology and energy.
Some of Mr. Gentry’s recent experiences include representing:
- Norfolk Southern Railway Company in:
- a summary judgment victory in an action brought by CSX Transportation, Inc. alleging violations of Sections 1 and 2 of the Sherman Act; and
- two multidistrict litigations, including before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, brought by over 110 individual plaintiffs alleging a price fixing conspiracy related to fuel surcharges;
- Actavis, Inc. and Teva Pharmaceuticals U.S., Inc. in litigation challenging patent settlement agreements;
- Oscar Insurance Company of Florida, including before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, in its monopolization case against Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida; and
- Performance Food Group in its successful $2 billion acquisition of Reinhart Foodservice.
Mr. Gentry also has represented clients in pro bono matters, including immigration and housing.
Mr. Gentry interned for Judge Amy Berman Jackson at the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia and Judge Darlene Soltys at the Superior Court of the District of Columbia.