Evan Hill focuses his practice on complex corporate and financial restructurings, advising companies, creditors, equity holders, investors and acquirers on all aspects of out-of-court restructurings and exchange offers, Chapter 11 reorganizations, and distressed mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Hill’s restructuring experience spans a wide variety of industries, including energy, financial services, shipping, media and health care. Mr. Hill also has experience representing corporate clients, private equity funds and investment banks in connection with public and private mergers, acquisitions and equity investments.
Mr. Hill’s significant representations include:
- Talen Energy Supply, LLC as equity holder in connection with the prepackaged Chapter 11 cases of New MACH Gen, LLC and its subsidiaries;
- a private equity and alternative asset investment firm in connection with the restructuring of its cross-border debt obligations;
- SunEdison, Inc. and certain of its subsidiaries in their Chapter 11 cases;
- a major news organization in its out-of-court restructuring;
- Sciens Capital Management LLC as controlling stockholder in connection with the Chapter 11 cases of Colt Defense, LLC and its affiliates;
- Everest Capital in its out-of-court restructuring;
- iPayment Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiaries in their out-of-court exchange offers and refinancing;
- Millennium Health, LLC and its subsidiaries in their prepackaged Chapter 11 cases; and
- Nautilus Holdings Limited and certain of its affiliates in their Chapter 11 cases.
Mr. Hill also regularly represents a variety of not-for-profit corporations in connection with corporate governance and tax-exempt status matters before the Internal Revenue Service and state and local regulatory agencies.
Mr. Hill is a member of the New York City chapter of the Turnaround Management Association, where he serves as co-chair of the NextGen Committee and as a member of the chapter board of directors. He also is a member of the Legal History Committee of the New York City Bar Association, where he serves as secretary and treasurer.