Mr. Hill’s restructuring experience spans a wide variety of industries, including health care, energy, financial services, shipping and media. He also has experience representing corporate clients, private equity funds and investment banks in connection with public and private mergers, acquisitions and equity investments.
Mr. Hill is a member of the New York City Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association (TMA) where he has served as a member of the Chapter board of directors and in other leadership positions since 2018. He also is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute and the New York City Bar Association, where he formerly served as secretary and treasurer of the Legal History Committee.
Mr. Hill was named as the winner of the TMA’s Emerging Leader Award in 2020. He also was named as the winner of a 2020 Cornerstone Award by the Lawyers Alliance for New York in recognition of providing distinguished pro bono service to nonprofit organizations.
Mr. Hill’s significant representations include:
- Stearns Lending in its Chapter 11 restructuring involving approximately $1.3 billion of debt;
- New Cotai in its Chapter 11 restructuring involving approximately $850 million of debt;
- SunEdison in the largest Chapter 11 case filed in 2016 involving the restructuring of approximately $8.7 billion of debt and $2.3 billion in gross asset sales;
- iPayment in its out-of-court exchange offers and refinancing involving nearly $1 billion of debt;
- Millennium Health in its prepackaged Chapter 11 cases and restructuring of $2.1 billion of debt; and
- Nautilus Holdings Limited in its Chapter 11 cases involving $770 million of debt.
- Barclays Bank in connection with its roles as pre- and post-petition lender and agent under various multibillion-dollar financing facilities with Ditech Holding Corporation;
- Bank of America, N.A. as the agent for the prepetition $1.85 billion revolving credit facility for Toys “R” Us;
- Black Diamond Capital Management as the largest secured creditor in the Chapter 11 cases of Harvey Gulf International Marine; and
- Salus Capital Partners LLC as secured creditor in RadioShack’s Chapter 11 cases.
- Highbridge Capital Management as DIP lender and stalking horse bidder in the Chapter 11 cases of Pernix Therapeutics;
- United Natural Foods in its acquisition of SUPERVALU for $2.9 billion, including assumption of outstanding debt and liabilities;
- Talen Energy as equity holder in connection with the prepackaged Chapter 11 cases of New MACH Gen involving approximately $600 million of debt; and
- Sciens Capital Management as controlling stockholder in connection with the Chapter 11 cases of the firearm manufacturer Colt Defense.