Emily M. Jennings
Emily Jennings’ practice includes financial services, securities, insurance and intellectual property litigation, as well as other forms of complex civil litigation.
Ms. Jennings has represented clients in state and federal trial courts around the United States, in confidential arbitrations, and in government and regulatory investigations.
Ms. Jennings’ representations include:
- a video game company in obtaining a multimillion-dollar jury verdict on copyright infringement, breach of a nondisclosure agreement, false designation and other claims relating to the company’s virtual reality technology;
- a mutual life insurance company in a putative class action lawsuit challenging the company’s payment of dividends and retention of policyholder surplus under Massachusetts statutes;
- underwriting syndicates in putative securities class actions concerning disclosures in connection with initial and secondary offerings of companies in the pharmaceutical and technology sectors;
- a health care technology company and certain of its officers and directors in a securities class action and a related derivative action concerning tax-related disclosures in connection with the company’s initial public offering;
- a biopharmaceutical company and certain of its officers and directors in a putative securities class action and related derivative suits following the Food and Drug Administration’s non-approval of a new drug;
- a special committee of the board of directors of a large custody bank in an independent investigation of pay-to-play allegations; and
- an investment management firm in investigations brought by the Securities and Exchange Commission and other state regulators.
Ms. Jennings maintains an active pro bono practice, including her work on abuse prevention cases for clients in crisis due to domestic violence. In 2014, Ms. Jennings was a recipient of the Boston Bar Association’s President’s Award for her representation of several victims of the Boston Marathon bombings. In 2016 and 2017, Ms. Jennings was selected to participate in the Boston Bar Association’s Public Interest Leadership Program.
- J.D., Boston College Law School, 2014
- B.A., Villanova University, 2011
Emily M. Jennings