Jessica Kunz concentrates on matters involving the governance of corporate entities, federal securities law and intellectual property law.
Ms. Kunz has assisted in numerous matters, including the representation of:
- MacAndrews & Forbes in securing summary judgment against former stockholders’ post-closing claims for money damages and subsequent affirmance on appeal in Kahn v. M&F Worldwide Corp., in which the Delaware Supreme Court established a new standard of review for controlling stockholder going-private mergers;
- J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. in securing summary judgment against Pi-Net International, Inc., which accused J.P. Morgan of infringing three patents relating to a system and method for performing online transactions, and the subsequent dismissal of Pi-Net’s appeal to the Federal Circuit; and
- CommonWealth REIT in the successful enforcement of a board-adopted arbitration bylaw in the context of an activist hedge fund’s efforts to take control of the trust.
- J.D., Villanova University School of Law, 2011 (magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Associate Editor, Villanova Law Review)
- B.S. in Neuroscience, Washington & Lee University, 2007 (magna cum laude)
- U.S. District Court (Delaware)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal District