Daniel Luks advises public and private companies, as well as private equity sponsors, on mergers, acquisitions, corporate governance, dispositions, securities offerings and other corporate matters.
Mr. Luks has represented a diverse range of clients across a variety of industries in deals such as:
- JAB Holding Company in its acquisitions of:
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts;
- Panera Bread Company;
- Compassion-First Pet Hospitals;
- National Veterinary Associates; and
- of an additional 20% of the outstanding common stock of Coty Inc. to increase its stake in the company to 60%;
- Keurig Green Mountain in its merger with Dr Pepper Snapple Group to form Keurig Dr Pepper, and Keurig Dr Pepper’s acquisition of Core brands;
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts in its acquisition of Insomnia Cookies;
- Coty Inc. in the receipt of a $750 million strategic investment by KKR;
- Visa Inc. in its proposed but terminated $5.3 billion acquisition of Plaid Inc.;
- New Residential Investment Corp. in its acquisition of Caliber Home Loans, Inc.;
- SDC Capital Partners, LLC in its acquisition of a majority stake in ALLO Communications;
- Triumph Group Inc. in its sale of operations and assets relating to its Global 7500 wing manufacturing program to Bombardier; and
- Fortress Investment Group in its sale of its majority stake in Abercrombie & Kent Group of Companies, S.A. to Zhonghong Holdings.
Mr. Luks also advises Skadden’s investment banking clients in financial advisory work. He is actively involved in the firm’s corporate training, recruiting and mentoring programs.