Philipp Mueller advises German and international management and supervisory boards in connection with corporate governance, internal investigations and compliance matters. He also counsels on multinational regulatory investigations, as well as EU economic and financial sanctions.
Mr. Mueller‘s experience includes advising, among others:
- Ball Corporation on EU sanctions implications in connection with the US$530 million sale
of its beverage packaging business in Russia to Arnest Group;
- investment companies, financial institutions, corporates and other international clients in
business sectors including energy, mining, industrial goods, consumer and luxury goods,
automotive, media, communications, IT and tourism, on compliance questions related to EU
sanctions against Russia;
- multiple international clients in the automotive, industrial goods and consumer goods
sectors in connection with their discontinuation of business operations in Russia;
- the supervisory board of Continental AG in an internal investigation in connection with car emissions and related corporate governance matters;
- the supervisory board of a financial institution regarding the consequence management in connection with so-called “cum/ex” transactions, including internal investigations, ensuing litigation and settlement negotiations;
- a multinational logistics company in several internal investigations concerning alleged corruption and accounting irregularities; and
- a multinational shipping company in an internal investigation concerning alleged corruption.