Ms. Rubin has represented buyers and sellers in public and private acquisitions and divestitures, stock and asset transactions, auctions, joint ventures and other strategic alliances.
- Aspen Technology, Inc. in its $11 billion transaction with Emerson Electric Co.;
- United Natural Foods, Inc. in its acquisition of SUPERVALU INC. for $1.35 billion;
- Cineworld Group plc in its acquisition of Regal Entertainment Group for $3.6 billion;
- Mars, Incorporated in its acquisition of Preferred Brands International;
- Trimaran Fund Management, LLC in the sale of its portfolio company, ChanceLight, Inc. to The Halifax Group, LLC;
- Horizon Pharma plc in its acquisition of the U.S. rights to PENNSAID 2% from Nuvo Research Inc.;
- Brookfield Asset Management in its sale of MAAX Bath and MAAX Spas to American Bath Group;
- Fox Paine and Company in its sale of Paradigm, Ltd., a maker of geoscience software, to Apax Partners and JMI Equity for $1 billion;
- NTR, plc (Ireland) in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Stirling Energy Systems, Inc., a solar power developer;
- Airtricity Holdings Limited (Ireland) in its sale to E.ON AG (Germany) of its North American wind operations for $1.4 billion;
- JLL Partners and Water Street Healthcare Partners in its acquisition of Vention Medical and Aviation Technical Services; and
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. in multiple transactions including:
- $344 million acquisition of public company Obagi Medical Products, Inc. (topical skin health systems)
- $312 million (plus potential $114 million earnout) acquisition of OraPharmaceuticals (dental industry); and
- $250 million acquisition of public company Solta Medical, Inc. (medical devices).
In the areas of general corporate and securities matters, Ms. Rubin advises clients on securities law compliance, disclosure issues and corporate governance matters.
Ms. Rubin repeatedly has been recognized for her dedication to pro bono work. She received the 2018 Cornerstone Award from the Lawyers Alliance for New York in recognition of legal services provided to nonprofits, as well as the 2017 Pro Bono Counsel Award from Skadden’s Washington, D.C. Pro Bono Department.
She has represented numerous nonprofit organizations on a pro bono basis, including Women’s March, Inc., NYC Kids RISE, Moment Magazine, Tuesday’s Children, Solar Energy Industries Association, Inc., South Philadelphia Shtiebel, The Redeem Community Development Corporation, Women’s World Hockey Invitational, Inc. and The Constitution Project.
Ms. Rubin leads training programs for Skadden associates, with her specialties including negotiation skills and M&A deals. Ms. Rubin mentors associates and also is active in the firm’s women’s leadership initiatives and serves on Skadden’s WOW committee (Women of Washington).