Jessica Schmiege focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and other corporate and securities matters.
Ms. Schmiege has advised public and private companies on a variety of transactions, including mergers, restructurings, and stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures. Ms. Schmiege also has advised on a broad range of corporate and securities matters, including securities law compliance, disclosure, and periodic reporting and corporate governance matters.
Ms. Schmiege’s experience includes advising, among others:
- Hospira, Inc. in its $17 billion acquisition by Pfizer Inc.;
- Hillshire Brands Company in its proposed $6.6 billion acquisition of Pinnacle Foods Inc. and in its subsequent sale to Tyson Foods, Inc. in a transaction valued at $8.5 billion;
- Ball Corporation in its $3.4 billion divestiture of select metal beverage can assets;
- Chiquita Brands International Inc. in its proposed cross-border business combination transaction with Fyffes plc and its unsolicited, but subsequently agreed upon, $1.3 billion merger with an affiliate of the Cutrale-Safra group;
- Quintana Energy Services, Inc. in its merger of equals with KLX Energy Services Holdings, Inc.;
- CF Industries in its $390 million acquisition of all publicly traded common units of its master limited partnership Terra Nitrogen Company, L.P., and various notes redemptions;
- Hanwha Aerospace Co. in its $300 million acquisition of EDAC Technologies from Greenbrier Equity Group L.P.;
- PersonalizationMall.com, Inc. in its $190 million acquisition by Bed Bath & Beyond;
- OAO Severstal in its $140 million sale of subsidiary PBS Coals Ltd. to Corsa Coal Corp;
Huron Consulting Group in its:
- $100 million acquisition of Innosight Holdings;
- $112 million sale of Huron Legal to Consilio;
- acquisition of My Rounding Solutions;
- acquisition of ADI Strategies; and
- acquisition of Healthcare Services Management, Inc.;
- Samsung Electronics in its acquisition of NewNet Communication Technologies (Canada), Inc.;
- McDavid Inc. in its acquisition by Shock Doctor, Inc.; and
- TECO Energy Inc. in its sale of subsidiary TECO Coal to Cambrian Coal.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Schmiege worked as a consultant for Accenture LLP.
- J.D., Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, 2013 (cum laude)
- B.S., Vanderbilt University, 2008 (cum laude)