Dr. Maximilian Schroeter advises on a variety of matters involving German business and corporate law, particularly involving domestic and cross-border private equity and M&A transactions, general corporate matters and restructurings.
Dr. Schroeter represents private equity funds, strategic investors, and domestic and international corporate clients in leveraged buyouts, management buyouts, management incentive plans, debt and equity restructurings, and distressed investments, among other engagements.
Since joining Skadden, Dr. Schroeter’s experience includes advising:
- Hg in connection with its significant minority investment, alongside EQT and TA Associates, in IFS and WorkWave, two cloud-based software services businesses, at a US$10 billion valuation;
- Danish Færch Group and its owner, A.P. Møller Holding, on the acquisition of PACCOR Group from U.S. private equity firm Lindsay Goldberg; and
- Silver Lake in its strategic partnership and investment in German publicly listed company Software AG via the purchase of €344 million aggregate principal amount of subordinated unsecured convertible notes. This is the first PIPE by any U.S. technology investment firm in a German public company.
His representations prior to joining Skadden include advising:
- EQT Partners on the merger of FocusVision and Confirmit;
- Gilde Buy Out Partners on the acquisition of TonerPartner Group;
- CareerBuilder on its sale of Textkernel, a global AI-powered HR technology provider, headquartered in the Netherlands, to Main Capital Partners;
- OpCapita on its sale of NKD Group to TDR Capital;
- Summit Partners on the acquisition of a majority stake in Elatec group, a leading supplier of multi-standard RFID readers; and
- Bain Capital on the acquisition of MSX International.