Andrea Spadacini focuses on cross-border corporate transactions, including public and private M&A and selected capital markets transactions.
Mr. Spadacini’s experience includes advising:
- Exxon Mobil Corporation on its approximately US$3 billion acquisition of a 25 percent indirect interest in the Area 4 block of the Rovuma Basin offshore Mozambique from Eni S.p.A.;
- Hg Capital on the US$650 million sale of Ullink, a provider of trading technology to the financial community, to Itiviti, a company backed by Nordic Capital;
- L1 Retail, the retail arm of the LetterOne Group, in connection with acquiring a significant stake in Distribuidora Internacional de Alimentación, S.A., a €3 billion international supermarket chain whose shares are listed on the Madrid Stock Exchange;
- LetterOne Holdings SA, the energy arm of the LetterOne Group, in its:
- US$1.6 billion acquisition of E.ON E&P Norge AS from E.ON Beteiligungen GmbH; and
- US$725 million sale of DEA UK Holdings Limited to Ineos AG;
- LetterOne Investment Holdings SA, the technology arm of the LetterOne Group, in the transfer of American Depositary Shares representing 7.08 percent of VimpelCom Ltd.’s outstanding voting capital to a Dutch foundation (stichting);
- Silver Lake in connection with its voluntary tender offer for the French listed company CEGID Group and related strategic advice, including a plan to transform CEGID Group into a societas europaea and its potential relocation to the Netherlands;
- F.I.L.A. (Fabbrica Italiana Lapis e Affini S.p.A.), one of the world’s leading manufacturers of drawing and colouring materials, in connection with its:
- acquisition of Daler-Rowney Limited and its subsidiary undertakings; and
- merger with Space S.p.A., the first Italian law-governed SPAC listed on the Milan Stock Exchange;
- Colony Capital Acquisitions LLC in connection with its:
- US$220 million acquisition of a portfolio of 113 mixed residential and commercial properties from Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A.; and
- US$177 million acquisition, along with a number of co-investors, of 14 high-end real estate properties in Rome from UniCredit S.p.A.;
- ABH Holdings S.A. in its acquisition of Public Joint Stock Company Ukrsotsbank from UniCredit S.p.A.;
- Gentium S.p.A. in its US$1 billion acquisition by Jazz Pharmaceuticals Italy S.r.l. Both companies are pharmaceutical manufacturers based in Italy; and
- Seat Pagine Gialle S.p.A., an Italy-based publisher of business directories, in connection with its filing for a composition with creditors for the restructuring of its senior secured bonds and debt facilities.
Mr. Spadacini spent several years practising with a leading Italian law firm in Milan. Mr. Spadacini has authored several articles in International Law Office’s Insolvency and Restructuring newsletter.