Vanessa Tarpos advises public and private companies, private equity firms and financial institutions on mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, corporate governance, joint ventures, SEC reporting obligations and corporate preparedness.
Examples of Ms. Tarpos’ representations include:
- WABCO Holdings Inc. in its pending $7 billion acquisition by ZF Friedrichshafen AG;
- Permira Funds in its sale of a majority stake in Teraco Data Environments to Berkshire Partners;
- Express Scripts in its $67 billion acquisition by Cigna;
- Wenner Media in various transactions and corporate matters, including in Penske Media Corporation’s strategic investment in the company;
- Liberty Mutual Group in its sale of Liberty Life Assurance Company of Boston to Lincoln Financial Group and the subsequent reinsurance of Liberty’s individual life and annuity business to Protective Life Insurance Company;
- Citigroup Inc. in its exclusive long-term (bancassurance) distribution agreement with Chubb Limited for the distribution of non-life insurance products in Mexico;
- Pfizer Inc. in its $1 billion sale of Hospira Infusion Systems to ICU Medical, Inc.;
- Google, Inc.’s $625 million acquisition of Apigee software company; and
- Veritas Capital and its portfolio companies in a variety of acquisitions.
Ms. Tarpos serves on the firm’s Associates and Recruiting committees. She also is actively involved in Skadden’s corporate training program.