Shaud Tavakoli represents public and private companies, financial institutions, foreign sovereigns and individuals in securities litigation and complex commercial disputes in trial and appellate courts throughout the country. Mr. Tavakoli also advises clients regarding various commercial litigation issues.
Examples of Mr. Tavakoli’s representations include:
- several financial institutions in the defense of fraud and contractual repurchase claims relating to the sale of mortgage-backed securities in actions in New York state court and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York;
- two financial institutions in the defense of rescission claims arising from the purchase of mortgage-backed securities in actions in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin;
- a business development company and its affiliates in the defense of breach of contract, tortious interference and unjust enrichment claims arising from a post-closing dispute in actions in Delaware and New York state court;
- several multinational corporations in the defense of federal securities law claims based on alleged omissions in proxy statements in actions in various federal courts;
- a large energy exploration and production company in the defense of federal securities law claims arising from an oil spill in an action in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas; and
- a Big Four accounting firm in the defense of claims for indemnification and breach of fiduciary duty in an arbitration proceeding.