Skadden’s global securities litigation practice is widely regarded as one of the most preeminent groups of attorneys focused on challenging, high-stakes securities litigation matters — “bet-the-company” cases that demand a full range of skills, in and out of the courtroom. According to Lex Machina, for the period January 1, 2019, through October 31, 2023, Skadden has defended more federal securities actions and federal securities class actions than any other firm.
Our litigators have extensive experience in trial and appellate courts at the federal and state levels, before administrative tribunals, in arbitrations and other dispute resolution proceedings, and before government agencies. We represent clients in securities class actions and derivative actions across a wide range of industries, including, among many others:
We also have extensive experience with hedge funds and other alternative investment management vehicles.
Our securities litigation attorneys are dedicated to providing exceptional client service with an emphasis on creativity, collaboration and efficiency. We work with clients to assess their case within the context of their overall business and legal objectives, and we strive to deliver results that meet these goals at every stage of litigation. According to Chambers USA 2023:
- “Possesses an elite offering in the securities litigation space.”
- “Skadden's client service is exceptionally high. I would say that without question they are among the best I've ever worked with in my career.”
- “They are excellent. They have a tremendous team.”
- “They have great intelligence and experience at all levels within the firm, from senior partner to junior associate.”
Skadden has been recognized by numerous publications for our securities litigation work. Recent accolades include:
- Named 2021 Litigation Department of the Year and a 2023 and 2022 Litigation Department of the Year finalist – New York Law Journal
- Named 2023 Law Firm of the Year Mergers and Acquisitions Litigation – U.S. News Best Lawyers Best Law Firms
- Consistently ranked in the top tier for nationwide securities litigation, including in 2023 – Chambers USA
- Voted No. 1 for Securities Litigation in 2024 Best Law Firms ranking and every year since 2011 – Vault
- Has more securities litigation lawyers recognized than any other law firm in the U.S. – The Best Lawyers in America 2023
- Ranked in the top tier for Crypto-Asset Disputes – USA – Chambers FinTech 2023
- Named as a 2021 Securities Group of the Year – Law360
- Named to the Feared Opponents list – the three elite litigation practices top legal decision-makers do not want to encounter as opponents – and repeatedly named a member of the Fearsome Foursome – BTI Consulting Group
- Recognized as a 2021 Litigation Department of the Year finalist – The American Lawyer
- Tier 1 for 2023 in Securities Litigation Defense – The Legal 500
- “Celebrated” for securities litigation — Benchmark Litigation 2024
- Recognized among the top firms for delivering the best client service – BTI's 2023 Client Service A-Team Report
We represent clients ranging from Fortune 100 to emerging market companies in every industry in securities litigation matters around the world. A few recent representations include, among others:
Skadden’s global securities litigation presence positions us to advise clients around the world on U.S. securities litigation issues. Our U.S.-trained litigators, based in Europe, Asia and Latin America, have the unique ability to assemble collaborative teams with deep and relevant experience across our worldwide platform.
We represent issuers and financial institutions from all over the world, including:
Skadden’s integrated, multidisciplinary team of trial support consultants assists our litigators in a variety of contexts, including with client presentations, appearances before regulatory bodies, mediation or arbitration, and in the courtroom.
Our attorneys work with our trial support consultants to develop trial themes and arguments, conduct research, prepare witnesses to testify, distill complex ideas into understandable and appealing visuals, plan for smooth and efficient courtroom logistics, and provide fast and comprehensive access to critical information in high-stakes situations.
From early testing of case themes to real-time evaluations of potential jurors based on our database of several thousand questionnaires, our jury research efforts support our litigators through:
- focus groups and mock trials;
- theme development;
- witness preparation; and
- jury selection.
Our trial support consultants efficiently manage the process associated with the entire trial, including evidence preparation tasks like pretrial filings, exhibit lists, deposition designations and case records. They also plan the on-site logistics for trial, such as identifying locations, coordinating contract negotiations and developing budgets; they then manage every aspect of the litigation “war room” to ensure that they meet any and all production requests during the course of the trial while facilitating seamless coordination of courtroom mechanics
Our trial support consultants conceive and create compelling, persuasive graphics for use at trial, making it easier for jurors and judges to understand the case. They also possess the technological know-how to ensure that presentations are flawlessly executed, avoiding the negative impression that technical difficulties or poorly presented visuals can make.