John Zelenbaba counsels U.S. and Canadian clients on U.S. corporate matters with a focus on cross-border capital markets, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance. Mr. Zelenbaba has worked on a broad range of transactions for investment banks and companies across a number of industries, including technology, mining, life sciences, financial services, energy, oil and gas, real estate and telecommunications.
Examples of his representations include:
- the U.S. initial public offerings of Docebo Inc., Duolingo, Inc., Lightspeed Commerce Inc., Score Media and Gaming Inc., Shopify Inc. (the best-performing IPO of the last decade) and Tricon Residential Inc.;
- Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc. in its inaugural offering of green bonds;
- various notes offerings by Brookfield Asset Management Inc., CI Financial Corp., Nutrien Ltd. and Rogers Communications Inc. (including the largest-ever securities offering by a Canadian company);
- various securities offerings by Freeline Therapeutics Holdings PLC, Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Zymeworks Inc. (including the largest-ever follow-on equity offering by a Canadian biotechnology company);
- U.S. tender offers conducted by Nutrien Ltd. and Encana Corporation;
- Sierra Wireless Inc. in its acquisition of Numerex Corp.;
- CRH Medical Corporation in its acquisition by Well Health Technologies Corp.;
- Array BioPharma Inc. in its acquisition by Pfizer Inc.;
- various securities offerings by Allied Properties Real Estate Investment Trust and RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust;
- Northview Apartment Real Estate Investment Trust in its acquisition by affiliates of Starlight Group Property Holdings Inc. and KingSett Capital;
- Sprott Inc. and its affiliates in the acquisitions of Central Fund of Canada Limited, Tocqueville Asset Management LP and Uranium Participation Corporation;
- Greenhill & Co., Inc., in its role as financial advisor to Hycroft Mining Corporation, on the sale of substantially all of its assets to Mudrick Capital Acquisition Corporation;
- Leagold Mining Corporation in its acquisition of Brio Gold and subsequent acquisition by Equinox Gold Corp; and
- various securities offerings by Integra Resources Corp., Lithium Americas Corp., MAG Silver Corp. and Platinum Group Metals Ltd.
Prior to joining Skadden, Mr. Zelenbaba served as a law clerk to Justice Suzanne Côté of the Supreme Court of Canada.