Affinity Networks & Initiatives
Our affinity networks for attorneys who self-identify as women, people of color, LGBTQ, military veterans, parents, first-generation professionals and allies to those communities facilitate relationship-building and provide an additional forum for professional and leadership development. All play a key role in the firm’s attorney mentoring, career development, workplace inclusion and social responsibility objectives.
Our Global Women’s Initiatives Committee recommends, implements and monitors efforts related to the overall professional development of women lawyers at the firm. The committee supports our continued efforts to attract and develop a pipeline of successful women lawyers at all levels.
Our Women’s Initiatives programming includes:
- the Women’s Leadership Forum, a six-month series of workshops, individualized leadership coaching and opportunities to build a strong internal network of peers;
- the Women’s Midlevel Associates Conference, a program for our fourth- and fifth-year associates, offering opportunities for professional development through keynote conversations and panel discussions;
- Skadden Series for Women lectures;
- internal women attorney podcasts; and
- the Global Women’s Initiatives Network, which provides women associates and counsel with leadership opportunities, a voice in the design of firm initiatives, and a forum for its members to network with and mentor other women attorneys; promotes recruiting activities geared toward female students; and features client outreach and business development programs.