Five Skadden partners have been named to The National Law Journal's lists of 2015 "Trailblazers," a series honoring individuals who have advanced their legal practice areas through the use of innovative strategies:
'Mergers & Acquisitions and Antitrust Trailblazers'
- New York M&A partner Peter Allan Atkins was recognized for helping develop Skadden's M&A practice and working on many major transactions, including the $25 billion leveraged buyout of RJR Nabisco.
- Chicago corporate partner Charles W. Mulaney, Jr. was recognized for breaking new ground in M&A transactions on behalf of clients such as Alberto-Culver, Ameritech, Qwest Communications and Constellation Energy.
- Global transactions practices co-head Eileen T. Nugent was recognized for her work on significant matters, including hostile offers involving clients Warner-Lambert and Cephalon.
- Global antitrust and competition head Steven C. Sunshine was recognized for doing recent deals for a slew of marquee companies, including Anheuser-Busch, Cisco, Nokia, Southwest, Valeant, Broadcom and Corning.
'White Collar Crime Trailblazers'
- West Coast SEC enforcement and white collar defense head Richard Marmaro was recognized for successfully defending William J. Ruehle, the former CFO of Broadcom, in the largest stock options backdating case brought by the federal government.