Winning more overall awards than any other firm, Skadden received the following recognition as part of the New York Law Journal’s 2023 New York Legal Awards:
- The firm was named a finalist in the General Litigation category of the Litigation Department of the Year competition. A department profile featured by the publication highlighted some of our most satisfying successes on behalf of clients in the past year.
- M&A of counsel Peter Atkins won the Lifetime Achievement Award, recognizing his preeminence in M&A law. Read the NYLJ’s article about Mr. Atkins and his work.
- New York antitrust/competition head Karen Lent and financial institutions co-head Sven Mickisch were named Distinguished Leaders. Ms. Lent shared insights in a Q&A on how to gain experience and have a strong impact as a lawyer. Mr. Mickisch discussed leaders who have inspired him as well as how lawyers should adapt for the future.
- Executive compensation and benefits partner Shalom Huber received a Rising Star award for the “most promising lawyers 40 and under.” Mr. Shalom shared his advice for young lawyers.
- M&A partner Demetrius Warrick was recognized as a Diversity Initiative winner for his contributions to diversity and inclusion efforts in New York’s legal community. Mr. Warrick reflected on what inspires him as well as DEI-related challenges facing New York lawyers and firms.