Mr. Dzierniejko has significant experience leading high-profile IPOs — more than 20 in the past three years — for innovative and disruptive companies looking to access the U.S. capital markets, including recent IPOs of Casper, Clearwater Analytics, Duolingo, Fiverr, IHS Markit, Lightspeed, Match Group, Monday.com, Riskified, Shopify, Squarespace, Vertex, Vroom, XP and Zeta Global. He also represents issuers and investments banks in offerings of debt securities (both high-yield and investment-grade), restructurings and other significant corporate transactions, and advises on corporate governance, investor relations and stock exchange matters. He has advised on a number of “unicorn” venture capital financings and regularly counsels late-stage private companies on IPO preparation and strategy.
Mr. Dzierniejko has led some of the largest and most notable capital markets transactions in recent years, including:
- the best-performing IPO of the past decade (Shopify);
- the first direct listing ever completed by an East Coast company (Squarespace);
- the IPO of the most valuable Israeli company to ever access the U.S. capital markets (Monday.com);
- the IPO of the most valuable South American company to ever access the U.S. capital markets (XP);
- the largest equity offering ever completed by a Canadian company (Barrick);
- a number of financing transactions for what was previously the most valuable private company in the United States (WeWork); and
- the third-largest high-yield bond offering ever completed (Valeant).
Mr. Dzierniejko spent several years in Skadden’s Toronto office, where he gained extensive experience representing Canadian and other foreign companies on cross-border transactions. With respect to Canadian clients, he has worked on representations involving more than one third of the companies in the TSX 60. He currently is the co-head of Skadden’s U.S./Canada capital markets practice.
In honor of his work, Mr. Dzierniejko has been recognized at the Euromoney Legal Media Group Americas Rising Stars Awards, including being named Best in Capital Markets (2018) and for his role in leading a matter named Deal of the Year (2019). He is recognized in Chambers, IFLR1000 and is one of the youngest lawyers included in the Lawdragon 500, a listing of the 500 leading lawyers in the United States. In Chambers, clients have noted that “Ryan is super personable and he comes up with really creative ideas for legally structuring a transaction with a business focus” and that “he is an exceptional deal lawyer, who is the perfect blend of substance and practicality, and he is a true partner on deals, whether he is representing the underwriters or the issuer - his clients love him.”
Mr. Dzierniejko graduated as the gold medalist from Osgoode Hall Law School in Canada. He currently teaches Tech and VC Law at Columbia Law School.