Trevor R. Allen
Trevor Allen advises clients on a broad range of U.S. tax matters, including the tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs, joint ventures, investment fund formations, foreign investments in the U.S., transactions involving REITs, and IPOs, including “UP-C” IPOs. He also has experience with tax controversies and obtaining private letter rulings from the IRS.
Significant representations include:
- Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. in its $71.3 billion acquisition by the Walt Disney Company and the related premerger spin-off of certain news, sports and broadcast businesses;
- Express Scripts in its $67 billion acquisition by Cigna Corporation and its $3.6 billion acquisition of EviCore Healthcare, LLC;
- Yahoo! Inc. in the $4.5 billion sale of its operating business to Verizon Communications Inc.;
- Ryman Hospitality Properties, Inc. in its REIT conversion and joint ventures;
- Anbang Insurance Company in its $1.9 billion acquisition of the Waldorf Astoria Hotel from Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc.; and in its acquisition of Strategic Hotels & Resorts from affiliates of The Blackstone Group L.P. for $6.4 billion; and
- Qatar Investment Authority in its acquisition of the St. Regis Hotel in New York.
Mr. Allen also regularly advises clients on matters relating to tax reporting, disclosure and withholding requirements, including the Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts and the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act, and has represented several Swiss institutions in connection with the U.S. Department of Justice’s voluntary settlement program for Swiss banks. He also has been a guest speaker on various tax planning topics, including at the Tax Executive Institute and the American Bar Association Section of Taxation annual meetings, and is actively involved in Skadden’s training and recruiting programs.
- LL.M., New York University School of Law, 2011
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2010
- B.A., Loyola University New Orleans, 2006
- New York