Sebastian Burgis primarily focuses on capital markets transactions and corporate matters, advising clients in a variety of industries. His recent significant representations include:
- Armira in its €30 million anchor investment as part of a €60 million private placement of
new shares in tonies SE;
- MorphoSys AG on the issuance of a US$300 million development funding bond;
- Silver Lake in its strategic partnership and investment in German publicly listed company Software AG via the purchase of €344 million aggregate principal amount of subordinated unsecured convertible notes. This is the first PIPE by any U.S. technology investment firm in a German public company;
- Berenberg as sole global coordinator and joint bookrunner and Stifel as additional joint bookrunner in connection with a capital increase of Pacifico Renewables Yield AG;
- Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs and J.P. Morgan as joint bookrunners in the €842 million private placement of ordinary bearer shares and listing on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange of ABOUT YOU Holding AG; and
- SIGNA Sports United GmbH in connection with its US$3.3 billion initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange as a result of the de-SPAC merger with Yucaipa Acquisition Corporation. The merger also included the acquisition of WiggleCRC Group.
Prior to joining Skadden, Mr. Burgis gained experience as a law clerk in the Frankfurt and Brussels offices of other international law firms.