David Clark focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and other corporate and securities matters. He has advised public and private companies and their boards, real estate investment trusts and private equity firms in negotiated and contested domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, asset sales, spin-offs and reorganizations. Mr. Clark also represents issuers and underwriters in debt and equity securities offerings.
Mr. Clark has advised, among others:
- Cardinal Health in its $6.1 billion acquisition of Medtronic’s patient product portfolio;
- Sara Lee in connection with the spin-off and redomestication of its international coffee and tea operations in a transaction valued in excess of $13 billion;
- CME Group in its:
- $6 billion acquisition of NEX Group plc;
- proposed $820 million acquisition of GFI Group, related $165 million sale of GFI’s interdealer broker business to a group formed by management of GFI and response to interloper bids; and
- $126 million acquisition of the Kansas City Board of Trade;
- Ball Corporation in its:
- $6.9 billion acquisition of Rexam PLC;
- $675 million joint venture with Platinum Equity involving its U.S. food and aerosol packaging business; and
- announced $225 million divestiture of its Chinese beverage can and end manufacturing business;
- InvenTrust Properties in its:
- $1.41 billion sale of its student housing platform, University House, to a joint venture that includes Scion and CPPIB;
- $2.3 billion sale of a portfolio of net lease assets to AR Capital; and
- series of self-management transactions with the Inland Group for the $12 billion REIT;
- Huron Consulting Group in its:
- $112 million sale of Huron Legal to Consilio; and
- $325 million acquisition of the Studer Group;
- Black Diamond Capital Management in its:
- acquisition of GST AutoLeather, Inc.;
- investment in IAP Worldwide Services, Inc.; and
- sale of its portfolio company Sun World International.
In addition to his practice, Mr. Clark is active in the community, including with the Lyric Young Professionals of the Lyric Opera of Chicago and the board of directors of the Neighbors of West Loop organization.