Ben Davies advises private equity institutions on a wide range of transactions, including private acquisitions, carveouts, co-investments, consortium deals, group restructurings and general corporate matters. Mr. Davies also counsels portfolio companies of financial sponsor clients on bolt-on acquisitions and disposals, restructurings, management incentive schemes and other commercial matters.
His representations have included advising:
- Hg in connection with:
- its acquisition of Litera Microsystems from K1 Investment Management;
- its disposal of Kinapse to Syneos Health;
- its acquisition of CaseWare International;
- its acquisition of Prophix; and
- a number of portfolio company mandates;
- funds advised by Castik Capital in connection with:
- its acquisition and combination of two IP management services and software companies, IPAN and Delegate;
- the acquisition by the combined IPAN/Delegate business of IPFolio;
- the subsequent merger of the IPAN/Delegate business with CPA Global, a portfolio company of Leonard Green Partners and Partners Group; and
- its acquisition of AddSecure from Arby Partners;
- Intel Corporation in its US$4.2 billion spin-off and joint venture with TPG Capital to form the independent cybersecurity company McAfee;
- Armstrong World Industries, Inc. in the US$330 million sale of its EMEA and Pacific Rim businesses to Knauf International;
- Vantiv, Inc. in its US$10.4 billion acquisition of Worldpay Group plc; and
- CME Group Inc. in its US$6 billion acquisition of NEX Group plc.
Mr. Davies also spent 12 months on secondment at Hg and was involved in its investments in Argus Media, Silverfin, smartTrade, Evaluate, Visma and Hyperion Insurance Group, and its disposal of Citation to KKR and subsequent co investment alongside KKR in Citation.