Ms. Davis has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in a broad range of litigations and arbitrations, including claims for breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and tortious interference. Ms. Davis also has experience representing clients in securities and bankruptcy litigation.
Her representations have included:
- Christie’s Inc. in a complete dismissal of claims filed by billionaire William I. Koch in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York for violations of RICO and Section 349 of New York General Business Law, civil conspiracy and aiding and abetting fraud;
- the underwriting syndicate (including Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC, J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, Guggenheim Securities, LLC, Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, Barclays Capital Inc., UBS Securities LLC, Cowen and Company, LLC, Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC, Oppenheimer & Co. Inc., MUFG Securities Americas Inc., Nomura Securities International, Inc., Johnson Rice & Company L.L.C., Roth Capital Partners, LLC and Piper Sandler & Co.) of Array Technologies, Inc.’s October 2020 initial public offering, December 2020 secondary offering and March 2021 secondary offering in a putative class action alleging violations of Sections 11 and 12;
- Lyft, Inc. in obtaining an annulment in New York state court of a new rule passed by the New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission that would have imposed severe limitations on Lyft’s business;
- Noble Corp. in securing approvals of two settlements in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, ending a $2.7 billion fraudulent transfer claim;
- Neuberger Berman Group LLC in successfully defending multi-front litigation, including three preliminary injunction motions in three different courts in connection with a business combination valued at $12.5 billion;
- Coinbase Global and Coinbase, Inc. in a securities class action relating to whether 79 digital assets traded on the Coinbase platform were unregistered securities;
- Nortel Networks S.A. in securing a favorable settlement regarding the allocation of $7.3 billion of asset-sale proceeds in the Nortel bankruptcy cases;
- Juno USA in connection with litigation and regulatory issues relating to the New York City ride-hail industry, including challenging a New York City regulation that set forth a formula to calculate a minimum wage for app-based drivers; and
- an outside representative of The Weinstein Company in securing a complete dismissal of multiple purported class actions in a case stemming from assault allegations against the company’s CEO.
Other representative clients include BMW; Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc.; Patriarch Partners, LLC; Queens Development Group, LLC; Royal Bank of Scotland plc; Rheinmetall AG; Creative Mobile Technologies, LLC; Nortel Networks SA; Terex Corporation; TheLadders, Inc.; TPG Capital L.P.; Nautilus Holdings, Ltd.; and Excel Maritime Carriers Ltd.
Ms. Davis also has been recognized repeatedly for her outstanding commitment to pro bono work, particularly her dedication to asylum work for the LGBTQ+ community.
Ms. Davis is heavily involved in the firm’s recruiting efforts.