Mr. Dzierniejko regularly represents clients in initial public offerings, follow-on equity offerings, offerings of debt securities (both high-yield and investment grade), restructurings and other significant corporate transactions. He assists companies with the review and preparation of public disclosures and advises on corporate governance, investor relations and stock exchange matters.
He has been recognized at the Euromoney Legal Media Group Americas Rising Stars Awards, including being named Best in Capital Markets (2018) and for his role in leading a matter named Deal of the Year (2019). He is recognized in IFLR1000 and is one of the youngest lawyers included in the Lawdragon 500, a listing of the 500 leading lawyers in the United States.
Mr. Dzierniejko has worked on some of the largest and most notable capital markets transactions in recent years, including:
- a number of recent high-profile initial public offerings, including IPOs of Casper, Fiverr, IHS Markit, Lightspeed POS, The Match Group, Shopify (the best-performing IPO in the last five years), Vroom and XP Investimentos (the fourth-largest IPO of 2019);
- Valeant’s $10.1 billion offering of high-yield notes (the third-largest high-yield offering ever completed), as well as high-yield offerings for companies such as Air Canada, Aircastle, Ainsworth Lumber, Alpha Auto, Brookfield Residential, Capstone Mining, Catalyst Paper, Flakeboard, Frontier Communications, Kissner Milling, New Gold, OpenText, Rogers Communications, Shelf Drilling and WeWork;
- some of the largest acquisition financings in the past decade, including capital markets transactions to finance Becton, Dickinson and Company’s $24 billion acquisition of C. R. Bard (one of the largest U.S. M&A equity financings in the past 30 years); Express Scripts’ $29.1 billion acquisition of Medco; Valeant’s $14.5 billion acquisition of Salix; and Frontier Communication’s $10.5 billion acquisition of wireline assets from Verizon;
- over $100 billion of investment grade notes offerings by issuers, including Barrick Gold, Becton, Brookfield Asset Management, DuPont, Encana, Express Scripts, IHS Markit, Nutrien, Shaw Communications, Stryker and OpenText; and
- venture capital financings for a number of “unicorns,” including representing WeWork in connection with a $4.4 billion investment by the SoftBank Group and the SoftBank Vision Fund (one of the largest-ever single investments into a private company).
Mr. Dzierniejko spent several years in Skadden’s Toronto office, where he gained extensive experience representing Canadian and other foreign companies on cross-border transactions. With respect to Canadian clients, he has worked on representations involving more than a quarter of the companies in the TSX 60, including the largest equity offering in Canadian history.
Mr. Dzierniejko graduated as the Gold Medalist from Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto, Ontario. He was previously an adjunct professor at Osgoode Hall Law School, teaching a course on negotiation. In 2019, he received a Burton Award for Distinguished Legal Writing. Outside of his legal practice, Mr. Dzierniejko recently served on the board of the Ali Forney Center, the largest LGBTQ youth shelter in the U.S.