Mr. Dzierniejko regularly represents clients in initial public offerings, follow-on equity offerings, offerings of debt securities (both high-yield and investment grade), restructurings and other significant corporate transactions. He assists companies with the review and preparation of public disclosures and advises on corporate governance, investor relations and stock exchange matters.
Mr. Dzierniejko has worked on some of the largest and most notable capital markets transactions in recent years, including:
- a number of high-profile initial public offerings, including IPOs of The Match Group, Shopify, Markit and Intrawest;
- Valeant’s $10.1 billion offering of high-yield notes (the third-largest high-yield offering ever completed), as well as high-yield offerings for companies such as Air Canada, Aircastle, Ainsworth Lumber, Brookfield Residential, Capstone Mining, Catalyst Paper, Flakeboard, Frontier Communications, Kissner Milling, New Gold, Shelf Drilling and WeWork;
- some of the largest acquisition financings in the past decade, including capital markets transactions to finance Becton Dickinson’s $24 billion acquisition of C. R. Bard (one of the largest U.S. M&A equity financings in the past 30 years; recognized as a Deal of the Year by International Financing Review); Express Scripts’ $29.1 billion acquisition of Medco; Valeant’s $14.5 billion acquisition of Salix; and Frontier Communication’s $10.5 billion acquisition of wireline assets from Verizon;
- over $50 billion of investment grade notes offerings by issuers including Agrium, Barrick Gold, Becton Dickinson, Brookfield Asset Management, Dentsply Sirona, DuPont, Express Scripts, Potash Corporation, Shaw Communications and OpenText; and
- venture capital financings for a number of “unicorns,” including representing WeWork in connection with a $4.4 billion investment by the SoftBank Group and the SoftBank Vision Fund (one of the largest-ever single investments into a private company).
Mr. Dzierniejko spent several years in Skadden’s Toronto office, where he gained extensive experience representing Canadian and other foreign companies on cross-border transactions. With respect to Canadian clients, he has worked on representations involving more than a quarter of the companies in the TSX 60, including the largest equity offering in Canadian history.
Mr. Dzierniejko graduated as the Gold Medalist from Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto, Ontario. In 2013, he received the Osgoode Alumni Gold Key in the One-to-Watch category, which recognizes exceptional achievement in a lawyer’s first 10 years of practice. In 2018, he was named Best in Capital Markets at the Euromoney Legal Media Group Americas Rising Stars Awards. He was previously an adjunct professor at Osgoode Hall Law School, teaching a course on negotiation. Outside of his legal practice, Mr. Dzierniejko serves on the board of the Ali Forney Center, the largest LGBTQ youth shelter in the U.S.