He has significant experience leading high-profile mandates ranging from venture capital financings and IPOs of
“unicorns” to complex equity and debt financings for the Fortune 500.
Mr. Dzierniejko has advised on a number of VC financings and regularly counsels late-stage
private companies on IPO preparation and strategy. He has significant experience leading
IPOs for innovative and disruptive companies looking to access the U.S. capital markets,
including recent IPOs of Casper, Clearwater Analytics, Duolingo, Fiverr, IHS Markit,
Lightspeed Commerce, Match Group, Monday.com, Riskified, Rivian, Shopify, Squarespace,
Vertex, Vroom, XP and Zeta Global. He has led over 20 IPOs in the last three years. He also
has extensive experience representing companies and investment banks in debt financings,
leading over $200 billion of offerings to date (both high-yield and investment grade). Additionally, he represents companies in restructurings and other significant corporate transactions,
and advises on corporate governance, investor relations and stock exchange matters.
Mr. Dzierniejko has led some of the largest and most notable capital markets transactions in
recent years, including:
- numerous “unicorn” pre-IPO financings, ranging from the largest seed financing ever completed (Binance.US) to some of the largest late-stage financings ever completed (e.g., WeWork);
- the best-performing IPO of the past decade (Shopify);
- the largest IPO of 2021 and the seventh-largest IPO ever completed (Rivian);
- the first direct listing ever completed by an East Coast company (Squarespace);
- the IPO of the most valuable Israeli company to access the U.S. capital markets (Monday.com);
- the IPO of the most valuable South American company to access the U.S. capital markets (XP);
- the largest equity and debt offerings ever completed by Canadian companies (Barrick and Rogers);
- a number of inaugural debt offerings for high-profile companies (e.g., Meta f/k/a Facebook, DuPont, Air Canada); and
- the second-largest high-yield debt offering ever completed (Valeant).
In honor of his work, Mr. Dzierniejko has been recognized as a Capital Markets MVP by
Law360. Earlier in his career, he was the recipient of multiple Rising Star awards, including
being named Best in Capital Markets. He is recognized in Chambers, IFLR1000 and the
Lawdragon 500. In Chambers, clients have noted that he “is super personable and ... comes
up with really creative ideas for legally structuring a transaction with a business focus,” and
that “he is an exceptional deal lawyer, who is the perfect blend of substance and practicality,
and he is a true partner on deals, whether he is representing the underwriters or the issuer - his
clients love him.”
Mr. Dzierniejko spent several years in Skadden’s Toronto office where he gained extensive
experience representing Canadian and other foreign companies on cross-border transactions.
With respect to Canadian companies, he has worked with more than one-third of the TSX 60.
He is currently the co-head of Skadden’s U.S./Canada capital markets practice.
Mr. Dzierniejko graduated as the gold medalist in his law school class. He currently teaches
Tech and VC Law at Columbia Law School.