Julian Goering advises private equity institutions and private investors on a wide range of transactions, including private acquisitions, carve-outs, consortium deals, group restructurings and general corporate matters. Mr. Goering regularly counsels investors’ portfolio companies on bolt-on acquisitions and disposals, restructurings, management incentive schemes and other commercial matters, as well as a variety of clients on the execution of exit planning and co-investment terms.
Mr. Goering has been recognised as one of Best Lawyers’ Ones To Watch in the United Kingdom (including in its 2023 and 2024 editions) for his work in Investment Funds and Private Equity.
Mr. Goering’s representations include:
- Hg in connection with:
- the sale of a co-controlling stake in Azets AS to PAI Partners
- a consortium investment round in Visma at a valuation of €16 billion
- its acquisition of Riskalyze, Inc.
- its investment in Dext
- a number of portfolio company investment mandates
- JAB Holdings in its acquisition of SYNLAB VPG Limited
- Qatar Investment Authority in connection with its ongoing investment in Tandem Bank
- Highbourne Group, a portfolio company of H.I.G. Private Equity, in connection with its acquisition of Plumbworld
- Trackunit, a portfolio company of Hg, in its acquisition of the industrial internet of things business of ZTR
- a consortium of Capital Z Partners, The Travelers Companies, Inc. and Further Global Capital Management as lead equity investors in Fidelis Insurance Holding Limited’s newly created $3 billion premium managing general underwriter (MGU) and the MGU’s carve-out from Fidelis’ existing balance sheet companies
Other matters on which he advised prior to joining Skadden include:
- Apollo Private Equity in connection with its carve-out acquisition of SPX Flow’s power and energy business at a valuation of $475 million
- Advent International in connection with its carve-out acquisition of Sanofi’s European pharmaceutical generics business Zentiva for €1.9 billion
- HNA Group in connection with the sale of TIP Trailers to I Squared Capital for over $1 billion
- Cinven in connection with its acquisition of Partner in Pet Food from Pamplona Funds