George Gray advises private equity institutions and other forms of financial sponsor and management teams on a wide range of corporate matters, including domestic, cross-border and global mergers and acquisitions, group restructurings, and general corporate governance matters. Mr. Gray has advised on acquisitions and disposals of companies in the software, human resources, life sciences, energy, commercial services and products, technology and transportation sectors.
His representations have included advising:
- funds advised by Castik Capital in the sale of approximately 25% of portfolio company Waterlogic Holdings Limited to British Columbia Investment Management Corporation;
- Hg in its acquisitions of Allocate, Evaluate, Esendex, Raet and Sovos Compliance;
- Hg and Litera in connection with their acquisition of Workshare, a provider of secure enterprise file sharing and collaboration software, from Scottish Equity Partners and the Business Growth Fund;
- Hg in its acquisition of a minority stake in Argus Media, an independent provider of energy and commodity price reporting;
- Hg in its disposals of (i) Debitoor, to SumUp; (ii) the core Scandinavian business of e-conomic to Visma; (iii) JLA, to Cinven; (iv) Kinapse, to Syneos Health; (v) Reviso, to TeamSystem (backed by Hellman & Friedman); (vi) The Foundry, to Roper Technologies; (vii) Ullink, to Itiviti (backed by Nordic Capital); (viii) Zitcom, to Intelligent; and (ix) Zenith, to Bridgepoint;
- Hg in connection with a number of portfolio company mandates;
- IRIS Software in connection with its acquisition of FMP Global, a provider of outsourced payroll services, and HR and payroll software;
- A-Plan in its acquisition of Vast:Visibility, a provider of comparison technology to the insurance sector;
- Castik Capital in connection with the merger of the combined IPAN/Delegate/Unycom business (a provider of IP management and technology) with CPA Global (backed by Leonard Green Partners and Partners Group);
- I Squared and TIP in connection with their acquisition of PEMA, a provider of truck and trailer rentals and related services, from Société Générale;
- a consortium comprising Allianz Capital Partners, Borealis Infrastructure, Infinity Investments SA and Munich RE in its acquisition of Tank & Rast;
- Chemtura Corporation in relation to the divestment of its global agrochemicals business division to Platform Specialty Products Corporation;
- Baird Capital Partners in its acquisition of international consultancy company Alpha Financial Markets Consulting; and
- Palamon Capital Partners in its disposal of leading private education provider Cambridge Education Group to Bridgepoint.