Christopher Hammond represents public and private clients in complex strategic transactions and corporate governance matters, including domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, investments and restructurings, as well as situations involving challenges to corporate control.
Mr. Hammond’s experience includes representing:
- Yahoo! Inc. in the $4.5 billion sale of its operating business to Verizon Communications Inc.;
- SJW Group in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Connecticut Water Service, Inc. and in its successful defense against a hostile takeover attempt by California Water Service Group;
- Silver Lake in its acquisition of a majority stake in ServiceMax from GE Digital;
- Cypress Semiconductor Corp. in its joint venture with SK Hynix System Ic, Inc.;
- F5 Networks, Inc. in its $1 billion acquisition of Shape Security, Inc.;
- WL Ross Holding Corp. in its $1.7 billion acquisition of Nexeo Solutions Holdings, LLC from TPG Capital;
- DoorDash, Inc. in its $410 million acquisition of Caviar, Inc. from Square, Inc.;
- LeanTeq Co., Ltd. in its $305 million acquisition by EnPro Industries, Inc.;
- Calera Capital in a number of transactions, including its acquisitions of majority stakes in Arnott, Inc. and ImageFIRST Healthcare Laundry Specialists, Inc. and its sale of a majority stake in United Site Services, Inc.;
- Global Indemnity Group, Inc. in connection with internal restructurings;
- RPX Corporation in its $555 million acquisition by HGGC, LLC;
- Lattice Semiconductor Corp. in its proposed but terminated $1.3 billion going-private acquisition by Canyon Bridge Capital Partners;
- Miraca Holdings, Inc. in the acquisition by Avista Capital Holdings, L.P. of its subsidiary Miraca Life Sciences, Inc.;
- Fox Paine and Company, LLC in connection with fund governance matters; and
- ServiceMax, Inc., a portfolio company of Silver Lake, in its acquisition of Zinc, Inc.
Mr. Hammond is a member of the Palo Alto office’s Associates and Hiring committees. He also established and co-chairs Skadden’s Palo Alto Family Affinity Group.