Kara Heggs represents clients in a broad range of U.K. and international tax matters. She has experience across the full spectrum of international capital markets, corporate and fund matters, and regularly advises on equity and debt issuances, public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and internal restructurings.
Ms. Heggs’ representations include:
- Waldencast Acquisition Corp. in its three-way merger with Obagi and Milk Makeup at an enterprise value of US$1.2 billion. Ms. Heggs also has advised on the integration of Waldencast plc with Obagi and Milk Makeup, including operational tax matters involving IP, services arrangements and withholding;
- a consortium including The Travelers Companies, Inc., Capital Z Partners Management, LLC and Further Global Capital Management, L.P. as lead equity investors in Fidelis Insurance Holdings Limited’s (Bermuda) newly created US$3 billion premium Managing General Underwriter (MGU) and the MGU’s separation from Fidelis’ existing balance sheet companies;
- Odyssey Acquisition S.A. in its:
- US$1.7 billion merger with BenevolentAI. As a result of the merger, BenevolentAI became a publicly traded company. This is Europe’s largest-ever de-SPAC transaction; and
- €300 million (US$356 million) initial public offering of units and listing on Euronext Amsterdam. This is the first Luxembourg incorporated SPAC to be listed on Euronext Amsterdam;
- ViacomCBS, Inc. with the U.K. tax aspects of its joint venture with Comcast Corporation called SkyShowtime;
- NCR Corporation in its US$1.7 billion acquisition of Cardtronics plc;
- ST Energy Transition I Ltd. in its US$288 million initial public offering of SAIL (Stakeholder Aligned Initial Listing) securities consisting of one Class A share and one-half of one redeemable warrant;
- H.I.G. Capital, LLC and its portfolio company Highbourne Group (United Kingdom) in Highbourne’s acquisition of SHPEP Ltd.;
- Blue Whale Acquisition Corp I in its US$229 million initial public offering of units consisting of one Class A ordinary share and one-fourth of one redeemable warrant;
- SDCL EDGE Acquisition Corporation in its US$200 million initial public offering of units consisting of one Class A ordinary share and one-half of one redeemable warrant;
- the underwriters in the US$345 million initial public offering of units consisting of one Class A ordinary share and one-half of one redeemable warrant of Investcorp Europe Acquisition Corp I (Cayman Islands); and
- United Talent Agency, LLC in its acquisition of Echo Location Talent Agency.
Ms. Heggs also advises multinational groups on cross-border tax efficiencies in relation to their commercial operations.
- G.D.L., The College of Law Moorgate, London, 2015
- Legal Practice Course, BPP, 2016
- B.A. (Hon), Cambridge University, 2014
- England & Wales