Jason Hewitt advises on public and private mergers and acquisitions, and other
Mr. Hewitt’s recent experience includes advising:
- Coty Inc. in its strategic partnership with KKR & Co. Inc. including the carveout sale of 60% of its professional beauty and retail hair businesses to KKR with an enterprise value of US$4.3 billion;
- Pret A Manger (Europe) Ltd, a portfolio company of JAB Holding Company LLC, in its acquisition of EAT Limited;
- Engen Limited in the sale of certain downstream assets in 10 countries in Africa to Vivo Energy Holding BV in exchange for a minority stake in Vivo;
- DH Private Equity Partners and Middenberm Group in the US$2 billion sale of TMF Group Holding B.V. to funds advised by CVC Capital Partners Limited;
- TMF Group in connection with its proposed IPO and listing admission on the premium segment of the London Stock Exchange;
- Toshiba in connection with the filing of voluntary petitions under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code by Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC and certain of its subsidiaries and affiliates;
- the government of a Middle Eastern state in the negotiation of a major new strategic infrastructure concession;
- BA Vidro S.A. in its acquisition of the glass manufacturing businesses and listed subsidiaries in Bulgaria, Romania and Serbia of Yioula Glassworks S.A.;
- J.W. Childs Associates, L.P. in its US$333 million sale of Esselte Group Holdings AB to ACCO Brands Corporation;
- Affidea Group in its acquisition of Hiperdia S.A.; and
- the management of an Argentine energy business in their private equity-funded management buyout of the business.
Mr. Hewitt completed a secondment to the corporate legal team of BlueScope Steel (an ASX-listed manufacturer) in 2013. He was a finalist in the mergers and acquisitions category of the Australian Lawyers Weekly’s 30 Under 30 awards in 2015. Prior to joining Skadden, Mr. Hewitt was a senior associate in the Melbourne, Australia, office of another leading global law firm.