Jason Hewitt advises on public and private mergers and acquisitions, and other corporate matters. His practice also includes advising on and coordinating global foreign investment controls in the context of corporate transactions.
Mr. Hewitt’s recent experience includes advising:
- funds advised by Energy Infrastructure Partners AG in a €530 million investment for a 49% stake in BayWa r.e. renewable energy GmbH;
- Coty Inc. in its strategic partnership with KKR & Co. Inc. including the carveout sale of 60% of its professional beauty and retail hair businesses to KKR with an enterprise value of US$4.3 billion;
- Pret A Manger (Europe) Ltd, a portfolio company of JAB Holding Company LLC, in its acquisition of EAT Limited;
- Toto Wolff, an Austrian investor, on the extension of his tenure as team boss and chief executive of Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix Ltd., the company operating the Mercedes Formula 1 team;
- Engen Limited in the sale of certain downstream assets in 10 countries in Africa to Vivo Energy Holding BV in exchange for a minority stake in Vivo;
- DH Private Equity Partners and Middenberm Group in the US$2 billion sale of TMF Group Holding B.V. to funds advised by CVC Capital Partners Limited;
- TMF Group in connection with its proposed IPO and listing admission on the premium segment of the London Stock Exchange;
- Toshiba in connection with the filing of voluntary petitions under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code by Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC and certain of its subsidiaries and affiliates;
- the government of a Middle Eastern state in the negotiation of a major new strategic infrastructure concession;
- BA Vidro S.A. in its acquisition of the glass manufacturing businesses and listed subsidiaries in Bulgaria, Romania and Serbia of Yioula Glassworks S.A.;
- J.W. Childs Associates, L.P. in its US$333 million sale of Esselte Group Holdings AB to ACCO Brands Corporation;
- Affidea Group in its acquisition of Hiperdia S.A.; and
- the management of an Argentine energy business in their private equity-funded management buyout of the business.
Mr. Hewitt completed a secondment to the corporate legal team of BlueScope Steel (an ASX-listed manufacturer) in 2013. He was a finalist in the mergers and acquisitions category of the Australian Lawyers Weekly’s 30 Under 30 awards in 2015. Prior to joining Skadden, Mr. Hewitt was a senior associate in the Melbourne, Australia, office of another leading global law firm.