Alexander Hoeffler represents corporate clients and private equity firms in connection with a wide range of M&A transactions. Mr. Hoeffler has experience in counseling domestic and international clients on both the buy-side and sell-side. His practice also covers general corporate, restructuring and foreign investment control matters. In recognition of his work, Mr. Hoeffler was named one of Best Lawyers’ 2024 Ones To Watch.
Mr. Hoeffler’s significant transactions and representations include, among others:
- Hillenbrand, Inc. in the US$730 million acquisition of the Food and Performance Materials business of Schenck Process
- a consortium led by Energy Infrastructure Partners in the acquisition of approximately 20% of Fluxys Group, an operator of gas pipelines and LNG terminals across Europe, from Canadian pension fund Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) and its partnership with Publigas SA, which owns approximately 77% of Fluxys Group
- Wolt Enterprises Oy in its £7 billion acquisition by DoorDash, Inc.
- Mercedes-Benz in its investment in European battery cell manufacturer Automotive Cells
Company alongside founding joint venture partners Stellantis and TotalEnergies, with an
objective to reach capacity of at least 120 GW hours in Europe by 2030 for an investment
volume of more than €7 billion
- Cadence Design Systems, Inc. in its US$500 million acquisition of OpenEye Scientific
- Færch Group and its owner, A.P. Møller Holding, in the acquisition of PACCOR Group from U.S. private equity firm Lindsay Goldberg
- Willis Towers Watson in its divestiture sale of Willis Re and a set of corporate risk and broking and health and benefits services to Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. for US$3.57 billion
- Dell Technologies Inc. in its US$4 billion sale of Boomi to Francisco Partners and TPG
- Sanity Group GmbH in its formation of a joint venture with an international team of scientists to create Endosane Pharmaceuticals GmbH, which will develop pharmaceuticals for the treatment of neuropsychiatric and psychiatric disorders
- HeidelbergCement AG in its partnership with Thoma Bravo and the acquisition of a 45% stake in Command Alkon, a company specializing in cloud-based supply chain technology solutions for heavy building materials, from Thoma Bravo at an implied pre-money valuation of the business of US$1.7 billion
- Filmbetriebe Berlin Brandenburg and its controlling shareholders in the sale of a stake
in Studio Babelsberg to TPG Real Estate Partners, followed by a subsequent public tender
offer by TPG
- Intel Co. in its US$1 billion sale of its 5G modem chipset manufacturing division to Apple, Inc.
- Spencer Stuart, a leading executive search and leadership advisory firm, in its acquisition of portions of the talent business of Aon plc.
- PayPal Inc. as lead investor in a US$50 million funding round for PPRO Holding GmbH
- Key Safety Systems, Inc. in its US$1.6 billion acquisition of substantially all of the assets and operations of Takata Corporation
Prior to joining Skadden in 2020, Mr. Hoeffler worked as law clerk in Skadden´s Frankfurt and Munich offices.