Alexander Hoeffler represents corporate clients and private equity firms in connection with a wide range of M&A transactions. Mr. Hoeffler has experience in counseling domestic and international clients on both the buy-side and sell-side. His practice also covers general corporate, restructuring and foreign investment control matters.
Mr. Hoeffler’s significant transactions and representations include, among others:
- Færch Group and its owner, A.P. Møller Holding, on the acquisition of PACCOR Group from U.S. private equity firm Lindsay Goldberg;
- Willis Towers Watson in its divestiture sale of Willis Re and a set of corporate risk and broking and health and benefits services to Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. for US$3.57 billion;
- Dell Technologies Inc. in its US$4 billion sale of Boomi to Francisco Partners and TPG;
- Sanity Group GmbH in its formation of a joint venture with an international team of scientists to create Endosane Pharmaceuticals GmbH, which will develop pharmaceuticals for the treatment of neuropsychiatric and psychiatric disorders;
- HeidelbergCement AG in its partnership with Thoma Bravo and the acquisition of a 45% stake in Command Alkon, a company specializing in cloud-based supply chain technology solutions for heavy building materials, from Thoma Bravo at an implied pre-money valuation of the business of US$1.7 billion;
- Filmbetriebe Berlin Brandenburg and its controlling shareholders in the sale of a stake
in Studio Babelsberg to TPG Real Estate Partners, followed by a subsequent public tender
offer by TPG;
- Intel Co. in its US$1 billion sale of its 5G modem chipset manufacturing division to Apple, Inc.;
- Spencer Stuart, a leading executive search and leadership advisory firm, in its acquisition of portions of the talent business of Aon plc.;
- Armstrong World Industries, Inc., a leader in the design, innovation and manufacturing of commercial and residential system solutions, in the sale of its EMEA and Pacific Rim businesses to Knauf for an enterprise value of US$330 million;
- PayPal Inc. as lead investor in a US$50 million funding round for PPRO Holding GmbH;
- Corning Inc. in its acquisition of substantially all of the communication markets division of 3M;
- Key Safety Systems, Inc. in its US$1.6 billion acquisition of substantially all of the assets and operations of Takata Corporation; and
- KAP AG, a Carlyle Group company, in connection with various matters, including its acquisition of Heiche Gruppe and its divestiture of Geiger Fertigungstechnologie GmbH to Zhejiang Tieliu Clutch Co., Ltd.
Prior to joining Skadden in 2020, Mr. Hoeffler worked as law clerk in Skadden´s Frankfurt and Munich offices.