Alexander Hoeffler represents corporate clients and private equity firms in connection with a wide range of M&A transactions. Mr. Hoeffler has experience in counseling domestic and international clients on both the buy-side and sell-side. His practice also covers general corporate, restructuring and foreign investment control matters.
Mr. Hoeffler’s significant transactions and representations include, among others:
- Intel Co. in its US$1 billion sale of its 5G modem chipset manufacturing division to Apple, Inc.;
- Spencer Stuart, a leading executive search and leadership advisory firm, in its acquisition of portions of the talent business of Aon plc.;
- Armstrong World Industries, Inc., a leader in the design, innovation and manufacturing of commercial and residential system solutions, in the sale of its EMEA and Pacific Rim businesses to Knauf for an enterprise value of US$330 million;
- PayPal Inc. as lead investor in a US$50 million funding round for PPRO Holding GmbH;
- Corning Inc. in its acquisition of substantially all of the communication markets division of 3M;
- Key Safety Systems, Inc. in its US$1.6 billion acquisition of substantially all of the assets and operations of Takata Corporation; and
- KAP AG, a Carlyle Group company, in connection with various matters, including its acquisition of Heiche Gruppe and its divestiture of Geiger Fertigungstechnologie GmbH to Zhejiang Tieliu Clutch Co., Ltd.
Prior to joining Skadden in 2020, Mr. Hoeffler worked as law clerk in Skadden´s Frankfurt and Munich offices.